Shuttle to Norwegian Breakaway in NY

ajw827

Planning on booking a Breakaway cruise out of NY. Might drive, but likely taking the train. Anyone know of a good shuttle plan from the train station to the port authority? Does NCL provide one? Thanks

You must mean train station to the port correct?

Not sure why you would want to go to the port authority

I assume you just made a mistake with your post

If you take the train into NYC you will be at either grand central or penn station and the way to get to the port in order to board the ship is by taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need for subway. The port is about a half a mile from Penn Station. The only trouble with Amtrak is that they ALWAYS run late. Make sure you allow yourself plenty of extra time to get to the port. I would plan on being there no later than 10 AM. That way you have time for the train to get into NY City.

Yes. Amtrak is always late so take that into consideration

And btw NYC is not difficult to navigate.

Taxi from penn to port

Simple and easy

Just do not say port authority!!! Different place totally!!! You want to go to the manhattan pier also known as the port

The port authority is a bus terminal. Lol

Also the op hasn't stated if they would be coming in to grand central or penn yet has she?

Either way taxi to pier is the way

The OP is from Alexandria, VA, so it's very likely they will be coming into Penn Station as only Metro North trains, not Amtrak, use Grand Central Station.

The OP is from Alexandria, VA, so it's very likely they will be coming into Penn Station as only Metro North trains, not Amtrak, use Grand Central Station.

I have my account set up so i do not see anything about any posters other than their post so in the op there is no mention of anything regarding Amtrak or metro north. The op could have been from Stamford for all I know. Regardless the op was looking for a shuttle to the port authority so the op clearly doesn't know the NYC geography and was using incorrect terminology in saying port authority anyway

Btw we all know taxi is the way to get to the pier and the op now does as well

If posters would just give all the pertinent details in their op alot of confusion would be avoided and questions could be clearly answered

But we do have you mr horseman to count on thankfully don't we

Edited by luvtheships

IF the OP is coming on Amtrak -

IF the OP is going into Penn Station -

then tell the taxi driver to take you the Manhattan Cruise Terminal -

BUT you want to be let off at the West Side Highway at 47th street.

Then you just have to cross the street to the lower level of the terminal. You don't get caught up in all the traffic dropping off at the upper level.

IF the OP is coming on Amtrak -

IF the OP is going into Penn Station -

then tell the taxi driver to take you the Manhattan Cruise Terminal -

BUT you want to be let off at the West Side Highway at 47th street.

Then you just have to cross the street to the lower level of the terminal. You don't get caught up in all the traffic dropping off at the upper level.

Is it easy to cross there? We are thinking of coming in by train the day before and getting a hotel. If we get one close enough we may walk. Depending on the weather of course.

If anyone is not against some walking, I come into either Grand Central or Port Authority and always take the 42 bus. From Grand Central, you pick it up on the same side, Port Authority- you cross the street. Take it to the end at Circle Line, then walk the few blocks to the ship. :)

Inside either station get a Metro Card with $5 on it for each person, for round trip. Otherwise you have to have coin only if paying in cash.

Is it easy to cross there? We are thinking of coming in by train the day before and getting a hotel. If we get one close enough we may walk. Depending on the weather of course.

12th Ave is a wide, busy street, but there's a traffic light and crosswalk at 48th St. (the pier is at 12th and 48th, not 47th) that will allow you to cross safely as long as you obey the signal.

If anyone is not against some walking, I come into either Grand Central or Port Authority and always take the 42 bus. From Grand Central, you pick it up on the same side, Port Authority- you cross the street. Take it to the end at Circle Line, then walk the few blocks to the ship. :)

Inside either station get a Metro Card with $5 on it for each person, for round trip. Otherwise you have to have coin only if paying in cash.

$5.50 per person round trip effective 3/22/15. The subway and bus fare is increasing from $2.50 to $2.75.

Not easy to cross. Of course you must cross at the lights- but people do jump the lights some times. I would suggest that since you will have luggage- treat yourself to a taxi.

Enjoy

Yes. Amtrak is always late so take that into consideration

And btw NYC is not difficult to navigate.

Taxi from penn to port

Simple and easy

Just do not say port authority!!! Different place totally!!! You want to go to the manhattan pier also known as the port

The port authority is a bus terminal. Lol

LOL. I'm glad you guys told me. I know now I want the Manhattan Pier. Easy peasy. Thanks!