Specialty dining every night?

seadancer

When we were on the Silhouette several years ago (7 night), we had to wait to purchase the dining package for specialty dining on every night until we boarded the ship. I saw that it's available now on the equinox (7 night) for $217 ($31/night). Does anyone know if it will be less expensive on board?

I was always told everyone had to wait until they boarded and then see a person who was selling them as you boarded.

I don't want to wait until I'm on board and then find I can't get the discount, can't get get into the restaurant or buy it online and find its a better price on board.

It seems that they have discontinued the Ultimate Dining Package as well as the 3,4 and 5 night packages and replaced them with a pick the number of nights you want.

I personally think this works better as you are not automatically booked for the first or second night at a restaurant they choose.

Having said that we haven't been big fans of the speciality restaurants. Lawn Grill & Tuscan we love. Murano & Ocean Liners have been disappointing, Qzine is fun with a group once or twice and Silk Harvest isn't something we would go to even at no charge. I can't eat seafood so Sushi on 5 is a no go.

Edited by jelayne

We have never experienced silk harvest. Can you explain the food? I did see a menu but if there is any other reason that anyone likes or doesn't like it... please advise. [emoji2]

I absolutely love Silk Harvest ... and actually like the fact that some don't as otherwise, they would just raise the price or it would be harder to get a time slot. It is my favorite out of all the specialty restaurants.

Anyway, it is Asian fusion with choices of soup, awesome appetizers, some traditional Chinese and Thai food options, both noodles and main courses, as well as desserts (although we've never gotten to the desserts...too full with all the other yummy stuff). If you see a chicken dish but you want shrimp instead, they will substitute. You can ask for family style to share or each get your own plate. There is a really fabulous shrimp appetizer ... spicy shrimp or something like that. I also think their Pad Thai noodles are really good and I love their green curry. Oh....now, I have made myself really hungry and won't be back onboard the Equinox for at least another couple of months.

And to the OP, I believe the price of the packages onboard will stay the same whether you purchase them onboard or ahead of time but you may be able to book individual reservations with some being at a discount. Oftentimes, if you go to a restaurant and they aren't full later in the cruise, at the end of your meal, they will ask you if you would like a discount to return on another evening. You may be hard pressed to book Murano at a discount, though, unless it is on the first night.

Well, the reason I was asking is because the ultimate dining package averages out to be $29/night or so. That's an amazing price and you can also go to Murano for lunch and Tuscan too - included![emoji16][emoji39] I hope they still have it when we go in 2018! It's also less expensive than getting a discount on board since they include the lunches. [emoji6]

I noticed they are offering a 7 night specialty package if you book in advance. I'm not sure if you can go to the lunches too or if it's unlimited. I called Celebrity and they didn't seem to know for sure. It's supposed to start January 2017. Any further information about silk harvest or the dining packages would be appreciated.

Well, the reason I was asking is because the ultimate dining package averages out to be $29/night or so. That's an amazing price and you can also go to Murano for lunch and Tuscan too - included![emoji16][emoji39] I hope they still have it when we go in 2018! It's also less expensive than getting a discount on board since they include the lunches. [emoji6]

I noticed they are offering a 7 night specialty package if you book in advance. I'm not sure if you can go to the lunches too or if it's unlimited. I called Celebrity and they didn't seem to know for sure. It's supposed to start January 2017. Any further information about silk harvest or the dining packages would be appreciated.

No first hand knowledge but a handful of threads have discussed this. The multi-night specialty packages involve purchasing a pre-set number of meals. so, 7 night package would be 7 meals that could be used for lunch or dinner (but 1 credit wouldn't include both, would use 2 credits to have lunch and dinner in a single day). I believe someone said that this new dining program is meant to replace the unlimited dining and that that will be phased out.

Edited by sanger727

We have never experienced silk harvest. Can you explain the food? I did see a menu but if there is any other reason that anyone likes or doesn't like it... please advise.

We ate at Silk Harvest for the first time on our last cruise. We liked it so much, we ate there twice! There had been some negative reviews on CC about Silk Harvest and we can't figure out why. It is not Chinese food, it is Asian Fusion (a little Chinese, a little Thai, a little Japanese, a little Viet Namese) you get the idea. Restaurant preferences are so personal that it is best to ignore the reviews and try it for yourself at least once, then you decide!

Our favorite specialty restaurants on Celebrity S class (from most favorite to least) are Lawn Club Grill, Silk Harvest, Qsine, Tuscan Grill, and Murano. They are really ALL good so take my rating with a grain of salt.

Princess specialty restaurants are now $29 each (used to be $25) and Celebrity specialty restaurants in the low $30s (with a package) and we believe that Celebrity's restaurants are much better than on Princess and worth a couple of dollars more.

We have friends that we have cruised with the last 2 years just off the Equinox who got the Unlimited pkg upon boarding, $29 pp per day.

Went to Sushi on 5 many times, loved it.

We had a Roll Call group go to Silk Harvest in 2014 & 2015, wonderful!

When we sat down told them to just keep different selections coming.

Just wish they would put the Lawn Club Grill on the Equinox too. It is our favorite speciality when we were on the Reflection.

IMG_4043.jpg.b39699b19bc0e88bf6b704ece383d6bf.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg.cb02249792de73075584f27dd8fa5cf2.jpg