Grocery store or wine/liquor store in Barcelona.

CenTexGal

Quick question about Barcelona...we are arriving in Barcelona two days before our cruise, and staying in the Las Rambles area. We need to buy wine to take onboard and also juice and diet cokes. Is this readily available in the area we will be in, or will we need to go out of the area?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I am learning about the same. From what I understand there is a Carrefour on Las Ramblas that will have the things you need. If you are close there is a market in El Corte Ingles basement at Placa Catalunya

That Carrefour is on the right hand side if travelling from Placa Catalunya towards the port. It has a very good noodle bar at the entrance if you need a quick fix of carbs.

Bring a strong carrier bag with you as their plastic bags are a bit lightweight and there is a charge for them.

The lines for the cash desks look haphazard, but they move quickly.

That Carrefour is on the right hand side if travelling from Placa Catalunya towards the port. It has a very good noodle bar at the entrance if you need a quick fix of carbs.

Bring a strong carrier bag with you as their plastic bags are a bit lightweight and there is a charge for them.

Thank you, that is good to know, I will toss in a couple my reusable shopping bags....I can think of. Many uses for those bags on the cruise!!

That Carrefour has a very good range of wines that are very reasonable in price. I love Cava and would buy a bottle there that wasn't much more than the price of a bottle of come - and it was very drinkable!

• 4 weeks later...

As discussed on a different thread, there is a wine/liquor shop right in the Barcelona port terminal. The shop is after you go thru security, and we've never had our bags checked again after shopping there. Prices are probably a bit higher than in town, but you can't beat the convenience. I seem to remember seeing bottled water for sale there as well, but can't say for sure.

As discussed on a different thread, there is a wine/liquor shop right in the Barcelona port terminal. The shop is after you go thru security, and we've never had our bags checked again after shopping there. Prices are probably a bit higher than in town, but you can't beat the convenience. I seem to remember seeing bottled water for sale there as well, but can't say for sure.

Convenient, yes, but we found there wasn't much selection (picked over and we arrived early) and no bargains. Very glad we bought what we wanted at the Carrefour. Our carry-on bag had wheels so it was easy to do.