Using a specialty dining package?

boscobeans

New to Norwegian and any advice would be most welcomed.

We will be sailing on the Breakaway for a 14 day Caribbean cruise.

The cruise includes the UBP as well as a dining package for 4 meals.

How would our dining package best be used if we prefer to be seated anytime around 6:00 PM?

The menus at Cagney's, La Cucina and Moderno appear to be just perfect and repeating for the fourth meal at any of them would be fine.

1. Must pre-cruise reservations be made, if that is possible?

2. When would be best to make reservations on board and getting a nice table for two?

Thanks in advance for any help

bosco

If you want to be sure to secure a specific time, you'll probably want to book the reservation before hand on on-line. At the 90 day mark 100 days if in a suite you can log on to your NCL account and book your specialty dining options. I have no experience booking on-board, but have read more than once that times you want may or may not be available one you get on board.

You should log into your cruise planner around 90 days before you depart and you can make all your reservations. If it's too late for that or you miss it, simply use the iconcierge app to make your reservations on the first day. I logged in on the 3rd day of our 10 day cruise and nearly all the reservation times were gone for the remainder of the cruise. But with reservations you will have no trouble getting a table for 2 at 6 every night. No reservations are needed for the MDRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our experience has been that the last sea day is the busiest for specialty dining, so that might be the one night I would be sure to reserve in advance. Also if there's a birthday/anniversary/special date that you absolutely must have.

Teppanyaki, being the smallest venue, is obviously the one that fills up the fastest. That would also be one I would try to reserve in advance.

Generally we book the meals in advance, then make a change on board if necessary. If there's something in the daily schedule that we want to do and we've already scheduled dinner, it's easy enough to call to change.

We have never booked in advance. Usually can get a reasonable time. With that many days, you should be just fine.

There is no way I know which night we would want any of the restaurants. No idea what mood we will be in. No idea what time we would want to eat.

We have never booked in advance. Usually can get a reasonable time. With that many days, you should be just fine.

There is no way I know which night we would want any of the restaurants. No idea what mood we will be in. No idea what time we would want to eat.

From your signature, it would appear you've never sailed on any of the big ships, so your experience will be different. If you don't reserve specialty dining on the big ships, there generally is slim chance of getting in, except maybe right near closing time, or maybe less popular options like Moderno.

From your signature, it would appear you've never sailed on any of the big ships, so your experience will be different. If you don't reserve specialty dining on the big ships, there generally is slim chance of getting in, except maybe right near closing time, or maybe less popular options like Moderno.

Very good point. Lots of NCL cruises but not on the "big ships". And to be honest, sometimes we can not get what we want because we decided we wanted to hit a certain show. But, normally not a big issue. Then again, if we have to eat in buffet, we are fine.