Picking People Up Landing at Orlando International (MCO)

Tarnished45

Can anyone advise me please?

In October I will have flown into MCO and will have rented a car. The next day I am going back to MCO to pick up 2 family members who are flying in.

Where is the best place to park while I go into the terminal to meet them? Don't want to park too far from the terminal if we can help it as they will be lugging their heavy luggage around.

Why not go to the cellphone lot then drive up to departures and meet them? (I find meeting people at departures is easier because the people there are usually dropping off and away quickly versus arrivals where you have people crawling along looking for someone)

(I find meeting people at departures is easier because the people there are usually dropping off and away quickly versus arrivals where you have people crawling along looking for someone)

We use that trick as well, LOL. Another trick we've used is at my home airport, where parking deck/lot are free if 30 min or less. From cell lot I've asked people to exit terminal, walk straight across to parking deck, walk to far side and go down to ground level where deck meets parking lot and I pick up there, where there is NO traffic. Shh.... ;)

Park you car in the cell phone lot.

Track their incoming flight on http://www.flightaware.com.

Have them call you on your cell when they retrieve their luggage.

Meet them outside of arrivals.

Load the luggage and move the hell out.

You can hug and kiss and greet each other at the hotel.

Edited by klfrodo

You can hug and kiss and greet each other at the hotel.
Agree so so much.

I sometimes see people where it almost seems as though they are celebrating that someone finally escaped 20 years in the Gulag. And of course, long talks about "well, how was the flight?" and "you would not believe what happened". And all the while, the bags sit there - it's almost as if one can't multi-task and load a trunk while talking.

Ranting over....first world problem.