HOHO bus in St George to St David (Clearwater)

mitsugirly

Just some updated information I received about the HOHO bus (Hop On, Hop Off Beach Bus) going to the St David area (Clearwater beach).

Since the St George HOHO bus circling the area of Tobacco Bay, St Catherine Beach and so on was a huge success, they decided to have another going the opposite way to the St David area. (This is older news from around July, so just repeating it if anyone didn't know about it.)

There was a report that a cruiser went there, purchased the stamp ($6) to ride to the St David area and a bus never came...resulting in a refund and having to take a taxi there (or you could take the bus there). The cruiser was told (I believe) that they were down a bus (car accident I think) and that was the reason for delay.

I have inquired about this to see if it's back up and running (which they state that it is) and this was the response I received about the schedule:

The schedule as it stands at the moment:

Monday, Wednesday and Thursday

· Departs St. George’s for Clearwater Beach at 11 am + 1 pm, returns 2.45 + 4.45 pm

Tuesday and Friday

· Departs St. George’s for Clearwater Beach at 11 am + 12.30 pm, returns 1.15 + 4 pm

I just thought I would update everyone on my findings in case you plan on trying to use this service, you can plan accordingly. :)

Thanks so much for this update, will be in Bermuda in about 11 days, and great information to know for planning. Do you think that this HOHO bus is a better route than the #6 pink bus to Clearwater? We will be getting transportation passes anyway for our 3 days, wondered what would be easier or more flexible for Clearwater transportation.

From what I've heard (read) it's a better option only for the fact that they drop you off closer and not much walking involved as there is with taking the bus and getting dropped off at the main road. I believe I read the "bus stop" is located right behind the food shack at Clearwater.

I think we are going to attempt it and see how it works. (Fingers crossed). We will be leaving for Bermuda in 11 days too. :D

• 2 months later...

I took HOHO visiting European cities. It's big and frequent. This is not.

I bought the HOHO ticket from the Tourist center. I asked when the next bus would be there. He said this is a small island and everything takes time. So, just wait. I went to the stop. there was no pick up sign and about 30 people waiting there. After 10 min., the bus came. It was a mini car that can only take 6. There was a fight to get into the car. The driver said another is coming and he would be back in 7 min. In another 10 min, another car came and it only took 6. To make long story short, half of the people walker away and I was on the 3rd car after 30 min wait.

On the way back , it was a disaster. There was only one car and everyone was going back. So, i miss a ferry back.

If you just want to go to Tabaco bay, it is cheaper with a taxi. There are plenty of taxi at Tabaco bay, also.