Day passes.. Beach day.. What to do?!

amarie420

So I'm going on a weekend cruise in about a week and half to Nassau. At first I had purchased two Atlantis Aquaventure full day passes for me and my mom, however I unfortunately just busted one of me knees and am on crutches. My doctor advised me to cancel my water park tickets and find something less intense to do. Of course going to Nassau all that comes to mind is Atlantis and I would still love to go there to check it out. I have seen so many mixed reviews on what to do and I need some help. Is Atlantis over rated and overcrowded to spend they day at? We are looking to spend the day at a beautiful beach with white sand and gorgeous water(no sharp rocks, we have had bad luck before at cruise port beaches). I noticed that melia and breezes offer day passes but I'm not sure how their beaches are. Someone please help and give me some advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by amarie420

I'd do a Melia beach day over an Atlantis beach day in you condition. There are nice pools to sit by, too. The beach at Atlantis can be rough. The last time we were there, the main beach area was closed, and it was quite a hike to get to where we could actually access the water.

Check out the day pass at RIU too. It's actually right next Atlantis so you'd get the same beach with a lot less walking. :) It's an all-inclusive hotel with buffet lunch, drinks, lounge chairs, towels included. The only disadvantage I can see is that there are some steps going down to the beach, but the same is true for Melia and Breezes.

You can book a day pass in advance for $75 through Island Marketing: https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauRiuResortPass.htm Otherwise, it's $100 at the hotel front desk.

I'd do a Melia beach day over an Atlantis beach day in you condition. There are nice pools to sit by, too. The beach at Atlantis can be rough. The last time we were there, the main beach area was closed, and it was quite a hike to get to where we could actually access the water.

I'm new at booking non-cruise ship sponsored excursions. How easy is it to get transportation to and from the resort? My fear is we could get there but would have trouble getting a taxi back and we would miss the ship on the way back

Thanks

I'm new at booking non-cruise ship sponsored excursions. How easy is it to get transportation to and from the resort? My fear is we could get there but would have trouble getting a taxi back and we would miss the ship on the way back

Thanks

Transportation is really easy in Nassau. There are taxis waiting at the resorts. You just have to leave yourself enough time to get through the traffic.

Edited by CruisinCrow

We took the #10 bus from Bay Street to the Melia Resort. Day passes cost us $35 per person. Great beach, friendly staff. Completely worth it.

The Melia Day Pass is exactly what I am looking into right now.....can you tell me what website you booked it through? Thanks :)

The Melia Day Pass is exactly what I am looking into right now.....can you tell me what website you booked it through? Thanks :)

We did not book the day passes for the Melia ahead of time. You can just take the #10 bus there. (It stops across the street from the resort.) Walk up to the reservation desk, tell them that you would like a day pass, then they give you a wrist band after you pay.

Just note that although snorkeling equipment is included with your day pass purchase, all other water sport equipment is not included.

Have a great trip!

Does Melia accept credit cards for the day passes? And how far of a walk is it to the #10 bus stop from the dock? I have bad knees and I can walk but the farther I go the more the pain builds up, and hills and steps makes it worse. How much would a taxi cost for 4 people from the port to/from Melia? It might be worth it for me to save my knees for the actual beach area.

Thanks!

Does Melia accept credit cards for the day passes? And how far of a walk is it to the #10 bus stop from the dock? I have bad knees and I can walk but the farther I go the more the pain builds up, and hills and steps makes it worse. How much would a taxi cost for 4 people from the port to/from Melia? It might be worth it for me to save my knees for the actual beach area.

Thanks!

Yes, they do accept credit cards (at least they did when we were there a few years ago).

It's about a 10-minute walk to the bus stop. A taxi would be $15 for 2 people plus $3 for the two additional people. So $21 plus tip.

Edited by CruisinCrow