Massage in Costa Maya

SunshineMom68

Every club along the malecon offers massages. $20 for 30 minutes was the going rate last year. All the masseuses change places from time to time so hard to say which club gives the best massage. But Tropicante, Barefoot Beach, YaYas and Pez Quadro have had consistently good reviews over the years. El Faro next door to Tropicante had the best ones years ago but not sure if they're the same ones.

All you have to do is walk up to one of the ladies standing by a table (and they're in small groups) and confirm the price and time and lay down.

I've been to costa maya many times on cruises. a 10 minute bus ride to the beach. there are tons of massage beds on the beach. I've become friendly with one lady, Nancy. I find her every year I go. she charges me 20$ for 45 minutes. a great massage for a great price,.

We just got back earlier this month.

Don't, I repeat DON'T stop at the shops near the pier, take the $2 per person cab ride into town.

There are massage tables set up all along the walk along the beach. We were initially quoted $25 for an hour. It was quickly talked down to $20 per person. Pick a spot and a person that looks good and relax.

There always seem to be young men trying to direct you to someone. If you can, I'd try to talk directly to the therapist. I suspect that the guys get a healthy cut of their work if they are involved in the transaction.

My wife and I got a very good (not the best in the world, but very good) massage for $20 each. I left a $10 tip pp. I suspect that that a good tip helps these nice ladies take care of their families.

For perspective, we also got a great dinner for 2 with 2 beers each and more for about $20 at Fernandos.

Have Fun!

Can we assume they have massage tables set up at Mahahual Beach as well? Thanks for the info.

That is the area Scooters was talking about. Clubs mentioned in my post are good options. Maybe ggg196078 will come back and tell us which club "Nancy" was at the last time he was there.

A few years back, when Mahahual was barely developed at all and was a brand new cruise port, we got massages at a place on the beach (the malecon area) that was raised up off the beach. They had low, bamboo walls, so you got the ocean breeze, but you weren't in view of everyone else on the beach (which my wife appreciates).

We couldn't find them when we came back a couple of years later. Does anyone know if there is a place like that on the Malecon now? I think it was called Oaxaca, but my memory has faded a bit.

• 4 months later...