taxi rates

brookmill18

Unfortunately the taxi site isn't listing zones and rates--says new rates and sheets are coming soon! We'd be a party of 5 going to Friar's Bay Beach (I know it's far--about 45 min) any guess on approximate cost? Will they have taxis for 5 ready at the port? Do they take credit cards or just cash--and are American Dollars ok for taxi?

Thank you! We are brining Euros for restaurant but would rather do credit card or cash for taxi.

I'll post thoughts when we get back--it's not a popular destination from cruise port because of distance and getting cab back, but I think we're leaning towards giving it a try. I will post our experience when we get back. I mostly used the info on trip advisor to pick it-just seemed like the best fit for what our group wanted but again it is not popular beach with cruise crowd.

You might want to look into renting a car. St. Maarten is very easy to drive with good roads, driving on the right, and decent traffic (except maybe at rush hour around Philipsburg). There is a rental place right at the port with 2 or 3 companies. It's been a couple of years since I was there but it's very likely the cost would be comparable to a taxi both ways, and it would give you the freedom to go where you want when you want.

There are very few Caribbean islands I would recommend getting a rental car, but St. Maarten is definitely one of them.

Just another option.....

Unfortunately the taxi site isn't listing zones and rates--says new rates and sheets are coming soon! We'd be a party of 5 going to Friar's Bay Beach (I know it's far--about 45 min) any guess on approximate cost? Will they have taxis for 5 ready at the port? Do they take credit cards or just cash--and are American Dollars ok for taxi?

Thank you! We are brining Euros for restaurant but would rather do credit card or cash for taxi.

In early 2016, it was $12 per person for a group of 5, each direction. No problem using dollars, but I have never seen any taxi at the port accept credit cards