Any GPS recommendations, please, for a Mediterranean cruise?

whogo

I am considering buying a GPS receiver for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise (fifteen European ports plus two in Israel). I would like good maps and routing and track saving functions. My Garmin Etrex Legend is unreliable and does not have routing. My Garmin Nuvi does not save tracks and I am not sure how I would charge it.

I do not have a smart phone. I don't want to spend a huge sum on something I may not use again. Any recommendations? Thanks.

So, your problem is that the new units (such as Garmin Nuvi) that are sold with European maps are relatively expensive (over $200). But your solution is pretty simply. Just go to E-bay and type in "Garmin Nuvi Europe" and you will get a few units for well under $100. The downside is that they are used....but so are any of the GPS units you get when you rent them from a rental car company.

Hank

So, your problem is that the new units (such as Garmin Nuvi) that are sold with European maps are relatively expensive (over $200). But your solution is pretty simply. Just go to E-bay and type in "Garmin Nuvi Europe" and you will get a few units for well under $100. The downside is that they are used....but so are any of the GPS units you get when you rent them from a rental car company.

Hank

I bought a $350 manufacturer refurbished Nuvi with a warranty for only about $150 from these guys - http://www.gpscity.com/. It had lifetime updates and lifetime traffic. I then got the Europe chip for the thing for half off at the same place.

Do some research. You can find some great deals.

DON

Edited by donaldsc