New LGBT cruise line: Anteros Cruises

GrooveInWhichWeMove

They're hawking genuine INTERNET CONNECTIVITY!!!!!

And genuine designer cabins... designed by.... designers. Who may or may not have any talent, but by god they're designers!!!!!

One of the silliest press releases I've read in ages.

Who are they buying their (used) ships from?

The only ship I could see anyone use worth while used would be the R-class ships but most of them now belong to Oceania brand. They're acquiring the Ocean Princess from Princess Cruises to re-unite it with that fleet and the Azamara brand from RCI has the other ones. That's the only class of ship I could see a gay cruise company doing. It's boutique size but offers class without the age. :cool:

I'm also wondering how much this will cost. Usually anything gay (just like Atlantis) is marked way up! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the press releases that referred to yacht like travel experiences, I could not for the life of me figure out what ship could be chosen.

Purchase is in 2015 with service in 2017....that means the yet named ship needs to complete her 2016 program before a hand over.

400 pax.....and a yacht like vessel?

High end product? That means a high end ship.

Remembered the Tia Moana and her sibling Tu Moana, but they aren't 400 pax vessels. I mean we are talking bigger than Sea Dream but smaller that the new Seabourn ships.........a quandary.

BUT......there is one ship that fits the bill......size, reputation, quality.

Hapag Lloyds Europa, not to be confused with her newer sister the EUROPA 2.

Anteros could do a long term charter that includes the working staff and then add their own Administrative staff in the hotel end. Regent did this for years with the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti (most thought they owned the ship) when they actually managed and marketed it.

Hapag Lloyd would eliminate the confusion of having two ships with similar names.....

So that is my guess......anyone else know of another ship that could be acquired?

Will I try this line....yes, but I cant see it lasting long.....but my best wishes that they succeed.

• 4 weeks later...
Reading the press releases that referred to yacht like travel experiences, I could not for the life of me figure out what ship could be chosen.

Purchase is in 2015 with service in 2017....that means the yet named ship needs to complete her 2016 program before a hand over.

400 pax.....and a yacht like vessel?

High end product? That means a high end ship.

Remembered the Tia Moana and her sibling Tu Moana, but they aren't 400 pax vessels. I mean we are talking bigger than Sea Dream but smaller that the new Seabourn ships.........a quandary.

BUT......there is one ship that fits the bill......size, reputation, quality.

Hapag Lloyds Europa, not to be confused with her newer sister the EUROPA 2.

Anteros could do a long term charter that includes the working staff and then add their own Administrative staff in the hotel end. Regent did this for years with the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti (most thought they owned the ship) when they actually managed and marketed it.

Hapag Lloyd would eliminate the confusion of having two ships with similar names.....

So that is my guess......anyone else know of another ship that could be acquired?

Will I try this line....yes, but I cant see it lasting long.....but my best wishes that they succeed.

at 400 Pax, it will most definitely have a "high-end" price tag :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RSVP tried this years ago with the Sea Spirit which they owned and operated. The fact was they could not fill it up every sailing all year, and it failed. Even with a higher price tag, I would not be investing in this product. It is a nice idea, but we boys want to go when we want to go. Those off season times kill any profit.