Drink Prices up?

gallivanter

I've heard that prices for drinks have increased... We're interested in Scotch. Does anyone have a drink list with prices that can be scanned?

Thanks!

No scanner but:

Dewars,Cutty,J&B, Teachers - 5.25 + tip

Chivis,Johnnie Black Dewers 12 - 5.75

Glennfiddich, Glenlivet 7.75

Chivis Royal Salute 12.00

Johnnie Blue 12.00

gallivanter,

Why not order a bar set of scotch to be delivered to your cabin? That will save money.

It's either $40 or $55.00 + $3.00 and you can call 1 866-625-1159. We did it on an earlier cruise and it worked out well.

See you on 12/1/05.

Monty

gallivanter,

Why not order a bar set of scotch to be delivered to your cabin? That will save money.

It's either $40 or $55.00 + $3.00 and you can call 1 866-625-1159. We did it on an earlier cruise and it worked out well.

See you on 12/1/05.

Monty

Thank You.. Actually, we have done this before and are planning to do it again, I heard that the prices increased and wanted to see the saving with the bar setup.

The martini prices are out of this world. $7.50 for a classic martini and $8.00 for all other martinis (i.e, appletini; chocolate martini etc...), and they are less than half the size they used to be. I've never seen such small martini glasses!

A glass of domestic red wine (only about 3 ounces) is also $8.00.

It seems like they have increased prices here and there to offset the increase in fuel costs and to keep the cabin costs down. At least, that's what one staff member told me.

I'm always amazed at how people get so fixated on drink prices. We just got off the Sun a couple of weeks ago and I thought the prices were about average.

I paid $7.00 for an Absolut Martini and about $5 - 6 for most other drinks. That's very comparable with drink prices in any nice bar or restaurant, and cheaper than many of them. A similiar martini at Bonefish Grill is $9.50. At my country club it's $8.00.

Hi ShoreGuy ! - I am a wine and champers drinker - I looked at the pdf wine list on the web site and the prices seem exactly the same as they were on the Sun a year ago - please can you confirm??!! thanks.

Just checked the current pdf - if you check the bottom you will see it was updated in 2005. The prices on many wines are up from my cruise on the Dawn in Feb 2005 but reflect the prices in the bar menu from the Jewel in Sept and Dawn in Oct.

A couple that jump out at me are The Duckhorn Merlot which was a remarkable value at $74 is now $96. That wine is $90 at my local retailed and still a great high end value.

Saint Francis Cab was $32 now $36. Moët & Chandon "White Star" was high 40s now 54. Moët & Chandon "Cuvée Dom Pérignon" was $140 now $170.

In short the pdf online reflects the current prices as far as I can tell.

I'm always amazed at how people get so fixated on drink prices. We just got off the Sun a couple of weeks ago and I thought the prices were about average.

I paid $7.00 for an Absolut Martini and about $5 - 6 for most other drinks. That's very comparable with drink prices in any nice bar or restaurant, and cheaper than many of them. A similiar martini at Bonefish Grill is $9.50. At my country club it's $8.00.

I agree with an exception. The drink prices are in line with onshore establishments. I don't mind paying more for a drink but I expect a good drink for good money. On land that is the case.

I am sure the bartender at your club does not give a measured single shot in that $8 Martini. On the ship because of very tight inventory control what you get in most bars is a measured shot from a duty free bottle. The bottle of Absolute that costs your club $20 cost the ship maybe $8.

My only complaint is not the price but the pour :)

these prices are great, try going to a club in NYC and see what you pay. One night of drinking in a club and you could almost pay for your whole cruise lol

No kidding - been there done that - no one is saying the drink prices are outrageous just more the then they used to be. Years ago they were dirt cheap since the ships can buy duty free.

I would rather have the drink prices up then the fares. I control my spend and can supplement the supply :D

Just checked the current pdf - if you check the bottom you will see it was updated in 2005.

In short the pdf online reflects the current prices as far as I can tell.

Hi - typically the pdf on the UK web site is different to the one on the US site...:confused: The UK one says 2005 at the top but on further inspection it shows the Pinot Gris King Estate [which I loved] at $28 but on the US site the same wine is $40........:eek: Guess that answers my question that the prices have gone up!

Hi - typically the pdf on the UK web site is different to the one on the US site...:confused: The UK one says 2005 at the top but on further inspection it shows the Pinot Gris King Estate [which I loved] at $28 but on the US site the same wine is $40........:eek: Guess that answers my question that the prices have gone up!

You know it takes a long time for those electrons to cross the pond and update the UK site :D

Does anyone know if the other lines - Carnival, RCCL, Princess - have they also increased alcohol and soda prices or is it just NCL at this time.
hope the other lines haven't uped their prices as they were higher to start with than NCL. NCL is just catching up with RCI and Celebrity. NMnita

The martini prices are out of this world. $7.50 for a classic martini and $8.00 for all other martinis (i.e, appletini; chocolate martini etc...), and they are less than half the size they used to be. I've never seen such small martini glasses!

A glass of domestic red wine (only about 3 ounces) is also $8.00.

It seems like they have increased prices here and there to offset the increase in fuel costs and to keep the cabin costs down. At least, that's what one staff member told me.

I got a basic martini for $5.50 on the Jewel in Sept and wine started at about the same. It did go up from there, but it was certainly more than 3 oz. NMnita

What about other drink prices? Bloody Mary, screwdriver, simple drinks with well brands.

Also, prices for beer. Is it still buy 5, get one free, with the bucket/helmet?

Also, how about the foo-foo drink of the day prices?

Guess we're spoiled in the Midwest. An $6 drink (other than quality wine) is an anomoly.

Thanks!

What about other drink prices? Bloody Mary, screwdriver, simple drinks with well brands.

Also, prices for beer. Is it still buy 5, get one free, with the bucket/helmet?

Also, how about the foo-foo drink of the day prices?

Guess we're spoiled in the Midwest. An $6 drink (other than quality wine) is an anomoly.

Thanks!

OK - Simple well drinks are $5.25 - $5.50 - for one flat shot. No more beer specials - buy 5 - get 5 - buy 6 - get six - no break. Foo Foo drinks are $8.00 to $9.00 bucks - no specials

Thanks!

Here in San Antonio - We pay maybe 2 bucks for a beer - 3.50 for a GOOD well drink - don't know about the Country Club - never been there. Yes, I have paid 6 bucks for a drink here - a 24 ounce - potent Margarita down on the River Walk - I don't care what the NCL lovers think - THEY are ripping us off - Just my country boy opinion.:D:D:D

Archived