1St Time with RCI Independence of the Seas FI Cabin 2313

We have booked Cabin 2313 on Indy it will be our 1st cruise with RCI and wondered does anybody have any info on this cabin or even better has anybody stayed in this cabin.

We are a family of 5 with kids who will be 10,11 and 13

Are all activities for children included in the fare or do you extras

Any info would be greatly recieved

Thanks in advance

Vicky

Flow rider and the rock wall are free. RC does offer private lessons on the flow rider, which would then be extra.

As to the kids activities (Adventure Ocean) there is no charge unless you leave them after hours (10 PM to 1AM).

Sheal

Two years ago we were lucky enough to book (on line, no less!) Cabin #2568, which is the same thing, only it is ocean view. We are only a family of 3 (DS was 13). It was by far the most comfortable room ever! We usually book strictly by cost (the less it costs, the more fun we can have elsewhere, or the more cruises we can go on!) - but truly love balconies - we're had several of those also; so, we've had all different size rooms. You will love it. IF it's like #2568, which it look like it is, there was a small room with a set of bunk beds and a closet - the whole room couldnt have been more than 6'x4' - and it had a curtain for a door - perfect for the kids. The full size couch (not loveseat) opened up and even if it was open, there was tons of room for everyone to walk around. There was more floor space that a regular balcony for sure! You will love it! Enjoy! IOS was great! The location on Deck 2 sounds awful, but there's no motion on that deck and it was sooo convenient to everything ... an easy walk up to the promenade (for coffee, a snack, sandwich, ice cream, etc) and especially Sorrento's!! (They made awesome salads) with really fresh veggies and cheeses!! Have a great time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Two years ago we were lucky enough to book (on line, no less!) Cabin #2568, which is the same thing, only it is ocean view. We are only a family of 3 (DS was 13). It was by far the most comfortable room ever! We usually book strictly by cost (the less it costs, the more fun we can have elsewhere, or the more cruises we can go on!) - but truly love balconies - we're had several of those also; so, we've had all different size rooms. You will love it. IF it's like #2568, which it look like it is, there was a small room with a set of bunk beds and a closet - the whole room couldnt have been more than 6'x4' - and it had a curtain for a door - perfect for the kids. The full size couch (not loveseat) opened up and even if it was open, there was tons of room for everyone to walk around. There was more floor space that a regular balcony for sure! You will love it! Enjoy! IOS was great! The location on Deck 2 sounds awful, but there's no motion on that deck and it was sooo convenient to everything ... an easy walk up to the promenade (for coffee, a snack, sandwich, ice cream, etc) and especially Sorrento's!! (They made awesome salads) with really fresh veggies and cheeses!! Have a great time!

I know it has been awhile, but I'm wondering if you, or anyone else, has pictures of this cabin. There are a few pictures floating around as to what this cabin might look like, on the RoyalCaribbean site, as well as icruise and a few others. I'm just wondering if someone can clarify which one is the correct one for 2568. My wife and I and our three kids are staying in this cabin in September, and my brother and his family are in 2268, which is identical but on the other side of the conference room from us. Just wondering if anyone can clarify. Thanks so much in advance!!

I know it has been awhile, but I'm wondering if you, or anyone else, has pictures of this cabin. There are a few pictures floating around as to what this cabin might look like, on the RoyalCaribbean site, as well as icruise and a few others. I'm just wondering if someone can clarify which one is the correct one for 2568. My wife and I and our three kids are staying in this cabin in September, and my brother and his family are in 2268, which is identical but on the other side of the conference room from us. Just wondering if anyone can clarify. Thanks so much in advance!!

We are on Indy this Saturday from Southampton and have 4 cabins on Deck 2 including 2568 so will be able to give you an update when we return. Feel free to remind me after 5th June incase i forget.

• 1 month later...

I know the thread is old but for anyone else... I have stayed in 2313. It had lots of space and it was quiet. Good bit of storage space too, 2 vanities and a big closet. I might have some pictures somewhere... Hit me up with any specific questions!

• 3 weeks later...
We are on Indy this Saturday from Southampton and have 4 cabins on Deck 2 including 2568 so will be able to give you an update when we return. Feel free to remind me after 5th June incase i forget.

Hi! We have this room booked for October. Would love to see pics of it!! Im hoping it has the large windows!

Hi! We have this room booked for October. Would love to see pics of it!! Im hoping it has the large windows!

No pics unfortunately but we found the cabin fine, good size and yes a decent sized full window with no restriction on the view. Good location on the ship but one thing to note, if you turn left out of the cabin door you cannot walk far as there is a crew storage area that way, not a problem though just caught us out first day. Enjoy the cruise when you go

Can you post these pictures of 2568? I'm curious to get a better look. I hope you had an awesome cruise! Thanks!

• 5 months later...
I know the thread is old but for anyone else... I have stayed in 2313. It had lots of space and it was quiet. Good bit of storage space too, 2 vanities and a big closet. I might have some pictures somewhere... Hit me up with any specific questions!

Hi krise88, just seen your post and was wondering if you could tell me more about the sleeping configuration. I can see the double and sofa bed but was wondering where the 3rd and 4th pull out beds are? Many thanks

• 5 months later...

We are booking 2313 on Liberty with our 3 DD’s (2,5,7). Given the proximity to the ice rink would you say the noise wasn’t too bad?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 7/13/2017 at 4:06 AM, krise88 said:

I would be very interested in seeing pictures of cabin 2313 on Independence of the Seas.  I have it booked in the Spring of 2025. Like others, I have found varying information and photos for this room online and am very curious as to which info is correct.  Please post some photos, if you find them.  Thank you. 

16 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Very old video and it is the twin sister Freedom. 

Thank you.  I appreciate your reply.  I did see that one earlier, but even though it is a sister ship, I wasn't sure if it was exactly the same or not.  I sure hope so.  I love this room layout.  Thanks again.  

Posted (edited)

Wow!

Back in 2008 my first cruise was on the Indy and I have been back on her 4 times since.

The last time was in 2019 just after she had been upgraded.

Sadly I am from the UK and have not been able to catch up with lately, but she is coming back to the UK in 2025 and I have a 12 night Canaries cruise booked.

I have not stayed in the family room as only me and the wife travel, but we have stayed on the 2nd floor before.

Not sure if things have changed, but IIRC due to the Ice Skating rink and business centre area, I seem to think that you cannot gain entry to the front of the ship via the 2nd floor corridors, so to go to the theatre, for example, you would have to walk back to the aft stairs/lifts and then walk along the Royal promenade. However, most of the time we would only go to the theatre for the evening show which would normally be just after dinner, so we would walk along the promenade anyway.

It looks like your cabin will be in a good location, not just for any bad weather, but also if it is still a dead end, then you won't suffer the effects of a busy cut through like some floors suffer.

Now as your cabin is on the Starboard side (right facing forward), you will be pleased to know that the lifts towards the rear (aft) only go up to deck 12 which is the main pool deck. 

The lifts on the opposite side go up to deck 14 which serve the Viking crown lounge area but as you are new to RCI you won't be needed the Crown Lounge or Suites Lounge so the only other deck this lift serves is deck 13 where you will find the Rock climbing wall and flow rider.

However, you may find you get a faster/better lift service by using the starboard side lifts to deck 12 and then walking up 1 flight of stairs if you want deck 13. The reason for this is because the other sides lifts go to deck 14, they can be very very busy at certain times due to C&A and suites guests going to deck 14.

There used to be a golf course at the rear, but only my 2019 cruise they had moved this to the front on deck 13. When it was at the rear we used to enjoy crazy crazy golf in the bay of biscay! Sadly no shelter from the elements at the front.

Don't forget that most things to do on the ship are free, not just the rock climbing wall and flowrider, but also on certain days at certain times, they open up the Ice rink for skating too. I must admit I am crap at it, but every now and then I have a go for a laugh and there is nothing more strange than going for a skate on a ship!

The Indy has always had something special about her and I have not found another ship that betters her, the Navigator came close, but even after her new upgrade, she was still tops for me.

Enjoy!

Oh, and one of my favourite places on this ship is the Champagne Bar which is on Deck 5 opposite guest services and near the aft lifts. Not sure if Roxy still works there, but if she does then I am certain you will have a good time!

It does get busy in there though!

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Like 2