Jewel of the Seas Southern, which side of the ship is best????

bcjs

We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas, doing the Southern out of San Juan. Which side of the ship is best to enjoy the balcony at ports? I can't remember if this ship backs in to port or docks front first.

Thanks for any help

thanks Bob.

one of our stops is St Thomas and I have been to St Thomas before and love the view of the bay (not sure that's what it is called) where the ships dock and all the small sailboats etc are moored. I'm just hoping the Jewel backs in......

thanks Bob.

one of our stops is St Thomas and I have been to St Thomas before and love the view of the bay (not sure that's what it is called) where the ships dock and all the small sailboats etc are moored. I'm just hoping the Jewel backs in......

I'm thinking you are remembering docking at Havensight. It's possible you have not been to St. Thomas since Royal started using Crown Bay for all their ships.

I'm thinking you are remembering docking at Havensight. It's possible you have not been to St. Thomas since Royal started using Crown Bay for all their ships.

I hate to even question your information, but do ALL Royal ships now go to Crown Bay? We docked in Havensight at the end of 2015 on Adventure and they were only using Crown Bay for bigger ships. If I remember correctly, there wasn't much around the port at Crown Bay. Havensight had a ton of shops, etc.

I hate to even question your information, but do ALL Royal ships now go to Crown Bay? We docked in Havensight at the end of 2015 on Adventure and they were only using Crown Bay for bigger ships. If I remember correctly, there wasn't much around the port at Crown Bay. Havensight had a ton of shops, etc.

When I was on Oasis in May of 2016 is when I heard the news about all Royal ships going to Crown Bay. It was shortly after that I saw the first pictures of Jewel there.

That's what has been reported here. I believe the change occurred sometime in the past year.