2-18-16 Thursday Weigh-In..How Come They Come So Fast?

Belle

Seems like weigh-in was just a few days back

So time to get up and weigh and not stay in the sack

You know the drill you do each Thursday on the dot

Go to the bathroom..Go to the scale..with clothes on or not

I guess your happy to weigh today if Chocolate didn't get you on Sunday

Valentine's Day is a day of romance and chocolate says love in many ways

Added to the Chocolate this week was you got a three day weekend too

So hope all/most of us did some exercise of some kind for and hour or two

So all of you hearty souls come in to weigh thru rain and snow

Hope we all have a loss of some kind today but might be a gain we know

If have a gain this Thursday we work twice as hard this week

We forgive ourselves but we never give up..the pounds will come off that we seek

I hope all the people missing in here will come back some Thursday

Doesn't matter if you lost, stayed the same or had gains you don't want to say

We miss you and want to hear your alright

So please come in here day or night

Good morning Belle, Probably because I'm getting old is the reason days are flying by anymore :eek:.

Another good week, didn't peek at the scale until this morning and still at 177 - woohoo for staying the course.

My daily routine is really getting set in stone, but I still get cravings and once or twice a week the evening munchies conspire to trip me up.

Still eating good most weekdays and dinners, and if we go out the options most restaurants have now help to not go overboard as well.

Made a crock pot full of homemade chicken soup yesterday - OK, it was supposed to be chicken breasts in white gravy sauce, but the white gravy pretty much turned into broth, so I shredded the chicken and presented it as soup! :D

I don't formally exercise as much as I should these past couple weeks, but am in the field pretty much every day too, so I get my walking in that way - must be OK so far as not gaining back any.

Just to clear the air, I've been posting against another person in a bunch of other threads that is pushing a product/system that promises the world (super fast losses in super short periods of time). I hope if anyone here has read my responses they don't take offense.

I really, really dislike when people do that - weight loss is a very tough and personal challenge to anyone. If you have something that works for you, then by all means share so others can check it out on their own and make an informed decision.

But it has been proven time and time again that rapid weight loss using a specific "fad" type program almost always leads to ultimate failure and regaining the weight, if not more. In the past 6 years I've bounced a couple of times (luckily never back to the starting point but up more than I care to remember) but it was the falling back on habit changing that saved the day.

"Superfoods"? I think they're called veggies, lean proteins, and fiber along with a miracle elixir called water.

"Habits"? Pick one thing at a time that by changing will benefit your journey. Less processed sugar, walk more, park in the fresh food aisle at the stores, pre-cook meals - so many things that will be easier to stick to forever and reap the benefits forever too.

Ok, kicking away the soapbox. Hope everyone has a great week and shares something, anything they are doing or need a little encouragement for.

Good Morning,

Shootr, congrats on staying the course, great weight. Agree with you fad diets are not the way to go. Small changes and working out hard works for me.

I stayed the same. Can't seem to lose that 1 lb. I gained on my cruise a few weeks ago. Oh well, could me much worse.

Looking forward.......our next cruise in April is 3 weeks, ending in Barcelona then spending 2 weeks in Europe. 5 weeks total. Hubby and I use the gym on the ship pretty much every day. Once we're in Europe we'll have to walk a lot, no gym where we'll be.

Just hope my clothes still fit by the end.......Fortunately I've lost quite a bit so most of my pants are way big on me.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Diana

I forgot to weigh in last week (Freudian slip??) I am up 2 lbs over the last two weeks. Add that to my 3 lbs holiday weight gain and I am now up 5 lbs. I really have my work cut out for me. I cruise again in July and need to lose 10 lbs to my final goal weight. I always seem to get really close and then mess up.

Congrats shootr and Diana for maintaining and not gaining. Diana, your trip sounds wonderful.

Belle, hope all is well with you.

Rose

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice ditty!:D

shootr ~ well said & well done! Wow, that is a lot of weight you've lost since you married! I've gone in the other direction so hubby now has 50% more of me than what he married.:o

Diana ~ you have some nice cruises planned! I love Barcelona & will be going back in Oct. on my Carnival Vista TA.

BTW I'm down 0.8 lbs so feel good about that. I haven't been able to go grocery shopping for the past week & a half so that might have something to do with it.;) I'm craving licorice & missing my frozen yogurt bars that I

usually have for dessert.

Have a great weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

SPRINT..Welcome, glad you have joined us.

I wish more people would. This is for everyone.

Tell us how your doing.

DIANA..I'm so jealous of your cruise and staying

in Europe. Happy for you to have a great trip planned.

You'll get the lb off.

ROSE..Good to see you. Glad you weren't sick. You'll

get those five lbs off and the other by July. Have

faith in you.

JO..Yes a empty house can help us lose weight! lol

Your going to Europe too? I want to but going solo

on a cruise you pay double plus the flight. Glad I've gone before.

SHOOTR..Your doing so good with your weight. I know those

"munchies" are little devils calling our names.

People aren't suppose to sell things on here even if they are

a member. Plus as you say there is no quick fix!

I did my usual..stayed the same. I'm really trying harder.

Do good then at night "sometimes" get a snack that I shouldn't.

Have to get to being alone and not let my feelings take over.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Can't believe I forgot to check in yesterday, though I did think it was Wednesday until about half way through the day [emoji3]. Down to 181 this week...hard work paying off! I got an exercise bike for valentines so I've enjoyed mixing up my routine with that this week. I had been just on the treadmill but was getting rather bored with that. Also added a strength training video in once a week to hopefully help tone. I'm very nervous about staying the course on our upcoming cruise. I know there are PLENTY of healthy options, I'll just be fighting myself to make good choices with all the temptations [emoji3]. We dream of a long Mediterranean cruise someday, when our kids are grown and gone, but not wishing that to pass to quickly. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I hope I can join in on a Friday evening :p I'm trying to eat healthier and exercise more consistently. I was doing really well for a few months, we had a weight loss challenge at work and I lost 6 lbs. That was done the end of December and I have gained 2 back. The best time for me to work out is in the morning but I am not a morning person, I set my alarm to get up early and when it goes off I'm like eh I would rather sleep. Once I get up I'm fine but it's the convincing myself to get out of bed that is hard.:) So right now I'm at 155 and my goal is 140. I did get up this morning and I hit my 10,000 step goal today, I have a fitbit.

April

Fam..Glad you had a loss.

Your doing great on all the exercise!

When is your cruise?

April..Yes join us..Friday night is fine.

I'm not a morning person either. Good job

getting up early and exercising. 10,000 steps!

Everyone have a Good Time this weekend doing

something fun!

Thanks! We leave in 12 days, can't believe it's finally here!! We booked about 15 months out so it's been a long count down [emoji3]! I'm looking forward to some down time with my husband and kiddos.

April, I have a Fitbit but I am terrible about wearing it. I don't like jewelry and wearing it drives me nuts, so I almost never do. I was really hoping I'd love it and be motivated by seeing the step count...may have to give it another try. Sounds like you are doing great!

Fam..Your cruise is almost here! All the

wait is almost over. Good Luck with WW

good plan if stick with it. (like any diet plan)

We have to stick with it..WHY is it hard at

TIMES!

shootr..I know the night "munchies or monsters"

are so bad at night. I love to have something

late at night.

I tried something new today..fried radishes. Said

suppose to taste like french fries. Doesn't! Can't

say what it taste likes. You do lose strong flavor

of radish. Might try again, maybe do a little different.

Be nice if everyone posted something that they tried

that was different and say if you liked it or not.

Give us some new ideas to try or not.

Take care

Edited by Belle

I know I haven't had any good pics lately, but this got me super excited:

Tuesday after next, while we're in beautiful Kauai, there will be a 75‰ partial solar eclipse. I get to photograph an eclipse from a Hawaiian mountaintop!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

OK, back to food. Been long days lately so for my dinner salads I've been cutting up those heat and eat chicken fritters to throw in it.

5 minutes prep, about 600 calories, and pretty filling.

The missus didn't have to strike me last night. So far so good.

Well if you're frying things...

That's how my mom got us to eat zucchini as kids. Then just a year ago I was introduced to fries pickles - also quite addicting. Problem is I can't stop and 1000 calories later I'm looking in the mirror with disgust :-).

This weekend is going to be a giant bowl of Mexican shrimp cocktail. I can eat that all day long and still be way low on calories.

My favorite island in Hawaii.

Your doing a land vacation? When are you leaving?

How long are you staying?

How exciting to see and take pictures of a solar eclipse!

Yes take pictures for us to see to. Thanks.

Fried radishes weren't breaded or anything so not many

cals.

Your shrimp sounds good for you, not me, I don't care for

fish of any kind. Mostly everyone goes for it..me.....

beef or chicken!

Edited by Belle

Yeah, taking a break from cruising so we can maximize a week in Hawaii. We leave next Friday and stay 7 days. I found a condo in Kapaa/Wailua for the week - right on the beach and equidistant from either end of the accessible island.

Helicopter flight around the island and landing at "Jurassic Falls", then a luau on Monday, kayaking on Wednesday, and the rest is just winging it. Lots of hiking, snorkeling, and a cigar every night!