Best, most authentic Cuban sandwich in Miami

NayRN

I'm sorry to start a new thread, but when I use the search function, the most recent info is for FLL.

We will be staying at the Hilton Downtown Miami and booked the HoHo on Sunday for the express purpose of getting around Miami ($25/pp on-line special and less expensive than a taxi). Little Havana is one of the stops and I've read some older posts that say Versailles is the place to go. Does this still hold true?

We can get "Cuban" sandwiches here.....but we want the real thing!

TIA 👍

I'm sorry to start a new thread, but when I use the search function, the most recent info is for FLL.

We will be staying at the Hilton Downtown Miami and booked the HoHo on Sunday for the express purpose of getting around Miami ($25/pp on-line special and less expensive than a taxi). Little Havana is one of the stops and I've read some older posts that say Versailles is the place to go. Does this still hold true?

We can get "Cuban" sandwiches here.....but we want the real thing!

TIA

Hi...Versailles? Did you mean to say Vizcaya? The John Deering

Estate.....I visited there many, many years ago and memory tells

me it is outstanding. An estate and beautiful gardens:)

Here are 2 differnt links.......

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvizcaya.org%2F&ei=YAa4U_aNKtC2yAS7q4LYCQ&usg=AFQjCNGdu8yReW_CF66oCOz1S3rHCmJofw

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE0QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deeringestate.com%2Fpages%2Four-history.aspx&ei=YAa4U_aNKtC2yAS7q4LYCQ&usg=AFQjCNF6Opk_eOGpYAA0r_HHdRfem38ATg

Edited by Lois R

Hi...Versailles? Did you mean to say Vizcaya?

No, the OP meant Versailles; it's a classic Cuban restaurant on SW 8th Street ("Calle Ocho") in Little Havana. Very popular in the day for meetings between the CIA and exile leaders. And yes, a good place for a Cuban sandwich, as is La Carreta diagonally across the street and a block west. Vizcaya is an interesting place, and well worth seeing, but it's not a restaurant.

Edited by Langoustine

No, the OP meant Versailles; it's a classic Cuban restaurant on SW 8th Street ("Calle Ocho") in Little Havana. Very popular in the day for meetings between the CIA and exile leaders. And yes, a good place for a Cuban sandwich, as is La Carreta diagonally across the street and a block west. Vizcaya is an interesting place, and well worth seeing, but it's not a restaurant.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't know you were asking about the name

of a specific restaurant. I know Vizcaya is not a restaurant. I thought

you were asking 2 different questions......my mistake.

Oh, I know all about Calle Ocho:).....I lived in Miami a long, long time ago.

Edited by Lois R

the BEST come from the local mom and pop's

La Carretta is where I send visitors ( get the special, they add some chorizo which is yummy)

But in general you get the best ones from the mom and pop you see the big crowd at around lunch time

IMO Vers' has been riding on the NAME for a long time ..... you can get better for less at a corner stand

If you want a name ..... go La Carretta

the BEST come from the local mom and pop's

La Carretta is where I send visitors ( get the special, they add some chorizo which is yummy)

But in general you get the best ones from the mom and pop you see the big crowd at around lunch time

IMO Vers' has been riding on the NAME for a long time ..... you can get better for less at a corner stand

If you want a name ..... go La Carretta

Thanks! I'll Google that to get location, etc!! 👏