A good cruise on Explorer of the seas, But...

just had a really good cruise on Explorer, the weather was great, the staff were great, food was ordinary Diamond lounge was great. We even had a inside virtual balcony room as it was a last minute deal, which was great. Just a few disappointments, no BBQ we was really disappointed along with lots of other people. Also the second sitting shows were all over the place sometimes early sometimes late, when they was 10.45 we just couldn't be bothered. The usual selling all the time is annoying but didn't bother us too much. A good cruise though we had a great time. N

I read your comments and thought that was very much like our opinion when we sailed on the Explorer.

Really loved that layout of the ship and the rooms were great. Wish we could have those curved shower screens on all the ships we sailed.

We found the food in the MDR a little bland (for example mashed potato every night on a 24 day cruise) and nothing to get excited about.

The food in the buffett was great with the Canadian Head Chef comming out to the public area and being available to talk to the passengers each night. The guy at the door (Mr Washie Washie) with a new hat each day was a hoot.

We found like you the start times of shows to be all over the place.

The TV viewing was not good enough for a 24 day cruise. While we appreciated the Australian news while it lasted across the Pacific. The normal TV shows only had two episodes of each showing for the entire 24 days. Now that's a lot of repeats.

The ship was kept very clean and was in good repair. ( April 2016)

In saying this we enjoyed our cruise on the Explorer and would sail on her again with our Kindles fully stocked.

Thanks for writing your review it brought back memories of our very enjoyable one on the Explorer.

Thanks for the review Ned. I haven't been on Explorer though have sailed on Mariner. I thought the cabins were a good size but I was not taken by the overall layout of the ship as many of the bars and public areas seemed to be very dark and I really thought the Promenade Cafe was terrible. It was always busy and tables were dirty whenever we went past. I much prefer the ones on Princess and Celebrity (perhaps because there are less people as there are no free coffee stations). As we were on an Asian itinerary there was lots of well prepared and interesting Asian food on offer at the MDR, to the dismay of some of the American passengers we met.

Just off Explorer as well and found staff great and food good. What amazed me was the number of grumpy passengers, you're on a cruise so be happy!

You'll find plenty of grumpy people on most cruises, and just as many on land if you keep an eye out.