Should I still keep my golf cart rental?

DisneyDatknee

I think $90 is bit steep for a golf cart. It it worth the $$ just to drive around the island and back? I was just thinking of taking a cab to Governor's Beach. It just seems like we could get our monies worth just saving the $$ and take cabs. Any suggestions? Karib didn't give much insight on what there is to do. Only said people go to "points of interest".. We will be in port on 4/3.

You can go anywhere on the island with the golf cart, outside of the cruise terminal. You can ride around and see their way of life, cruise around and enjoy the day, see the salinas, the wild animals, go check out the prison and other museums, ride up to the lighthouse and enjoy some time there. Ride to Governor's Beach, ride to Jack's Shack or Sandbar or any other place to eat, it's a great time. $100 isn't bad for a rental for the day IMHO. If all you want to do is see 1 beach there then sure, take a cab there and back but personally I'd make the most of my day on a foreign island. I wouldn't want to be stuck in 1 place all day.

I considered renting a golf cart but decided against it. I think it just depends on what you want to do while on the island. For us, we want to go to Governors Beach, The Sandbar (and explore the beaches near there), and then back to the port area and walk the beach from Jacks Shack to the conch graveyard. And if there is extra time, then we will hang by the pool at Margaritaville. For us, it seems easier (not that golf carts aren't easy...but I travel as a sole adult with 2 kids and my 4 year old may not be so cooperative on a golf cart all day) and less expensive to do this by cab (just need to let the taxi driver know to pick you back up from Governors since it seems that none will be waiting there).

It's a steep price for a golf cart rental. We had four adults and would have considered two carts if the price weren't so high AND they were reliable. Have heard a lot of stories of unreliable carts on GT. We would have taken a taxi if we had the time to explore, but that plan fell apart.

It's a steep price for a golf cart rental. We had four adults and would have considered two carts if the price weren't so high AND they were reliable. Have heard a lot of stories of unreliable carts on GT. We would have taken a taxi if we had the time to explore, but that plan fell apart.

4 people can fit on 1 golf cart.

I considered renting a golf cart but decided against it. I think it just depends on what you want to do while on the island. For us, we want to go to Governors Beach, The Sandbar (and explore the beaches near there), and then back to the port area and walk the beach from Jacks Shack to the conch graveyard. And if there is extra time, then we will hang by the pool at Margaritaville. For us, it seems easier (not that golf carts aren't easy...but I travel as a sole adult with 2 kids and my 4 year old may not be so cooperative on a golf cart all day) and less expensive to do this by cab (just need to let the taxi driver know to pick you back up from Governors since it seems that none will be waiting there).

I see what you are saying. I think really if we had more time, I would be more open to renting a golf cart. 6 1/2 hours of port time isn't a lot.