Cost of Taxi from LAG to Manhattan Terminal for GEM 5/27

texastennis

I am trying to put together my transportation budget for an upcoming GEM cruise out of New York on May 27th. I would like to know if anyone can give me the estimated costs of a taxi or Uber from:

Laguardia to Financial District on May 26th

Financial District to Manhattan Terminal on May 27th

Manhattan Terminal to Laguardia on June 3

Thanks so much!

First, I strongly recommend using a car service such as Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com or Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com for the trips from LGA to Manhattan and Manhattan to LGA. There is a tremendous amount of construction going on at LGA, which is often causing significant traffic delays both in the airport and on the surrounding highways. If you use a yellow metered NY City taxi your fare will be increasing as you sit stuck in traffic. With a car service you're quoted a flat fare that will not increase due to traffic delays or detours increasing the length of the ride. I would expect a car service to charge about $35 to $40 plus tolls (if any) and tip for a ride from LGA to Manhattan or Manhattan to LGA in a sedan.

From the financial district to the Manhattan cruise terminal a taxi would probably run about $20 plus tip. The exact fare will be determined by the meter and will be a function of distance traveled and time waiting in traffic.

By the way, don't book a very early flight leaving LGA, because of the construction-related traffic mentioned above.

Depending on your arrival/landing time @LGA and terminal - as it is the long weekend Friday for Memorial weekend, expect heavy traffic in & around all area airports and highways.

Citi Fields is nearby, home for NY Mets - they are away on 5/27 but playing evening at home, so expect a little more traffic heading out to the stadium, 2 exits past on the parkway - 4 PM is safe for getting off the GEM with ample time to get out to LGA.

Both Carmel & Dial7 has online calculator to quote you an exact fare for your trip - and you can book it ahead, 1 or 2 days in advance is fine but do call them to note for the dispatcher (with your flight info) that you will call when ready for pickup ... and work out details on the best area/section to meet the driver (depending on which terminal ... DL are at T. C and D, with some exceptions.

For the afternoon, its partially sun glare heading into Manhattan & the traffic on the highway, the "mess" inside LGA isn't as bad lately as last summer - but lots of constructions ahead - as they are moving to the newly constructed terminals eventually & lots of shifting around until 2020+

From what I can see since I'm driving in this general area on a regular basis, it's best to take the Queens Midtown Tunnel into Manhattan & then head downtown to your hotel - pay the $5.74 EZ-Pass toll or $8 cash toll rate, than to sit in heavy traffic on the BQE (as many local drivers hate to pay & sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic for that extra 15 to 30+ minutes). It gets worst if weather is not good and if there's an accident or stranded vehicle on the roadway, all bets are off (thus, avoid a taxi with the metered rates - it's 50 cents per minute idling or moving in slow jams, or $7.50 for an extra 15 minutes ... $15 for 30 minutes bumper-to-bumper + fares based on distance ... not worth the headache)

Stick w. Dial 7 or Carmel, as NJH recommended above.