Can you cancel an excursion

NancyL2

Can I cancel an excursion before I board the ship?

You have up to 24 hours before an excursion to cancel and be refunded,

If you are having doubts or a question about an excursion, the Shore Excursion Desk should be opened and manned when you you first board the ship.

The Alaskan cruise is wonderful and The Jewel is a wonderful ship with a great staff. I was just on Her in May for Her first Alaskan of the season. I am in the process of trying to figure if I can go again and be on your cruise. Have you joined the Roll Call for this cruise.?

I'll be calling this weekend and cancel my excursion.

Yes, we have a roll call going for this cruise....I hope you'll be able to join us. I agree the staff on the Jewel is amazing.

Thanks!

You have up to 24 hours before an excursion to cancel and be refunded,

If you are having doubts or a question about an excursion, the Shore Excursion Desk should be opened and manned when you you first board the ship.

The Alaskan cruise is wonderful and The Jewel is a wonderful ship with a great staff. I was just on Her in May for Her first Alaskan of the season. I am in the process of trying to figure if I can go again and be on your cruise. Have you joined the Roll Call for this cruise.?

I'll be calling this weekend and cancel my excursion.

Yes, we have a roll call going for this cruise....I hope you'll be able to join us. I agree the staff on the Jewel is amazing.

Thanks!

Unless there is real to cancel, I would wait for the cruise and then decide.

I have had second thoughts about an excursion and cancel after a discussion with the Shore Excursion staff. My question to them usually is (because I am almost 69), I will say to one off them, would allow your Grandmother to go on this excursion.

No mystery...I just never cancelled an excursion before that's all.

Thanks for the reply and info.

You are right in asking. There is a cancellation policy on the ship's excursions. There is no problem cancelling as long as you are at least 24 hours away from sailing date. You get a full refund. But then it gets tricky. In general, once onboard you can cancel for a full stateroom credit if you cancel more than 48 hours before entering the port. I think the credit on your stateroom account can be used for anything. If you end up not using all of it, they will issue a check to whoever paid for the excursion (sometimes people give them as a gift) via a check. Based on what people have said, that generally takes 30 - 45 days or more to get back.

Cancellation policy with the 48 hour clause is at http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html%3FpageId%3DShorexTermsConditions

On Princess a few years ago it was 24 hours before, but it looks like NCL at least is now 48 hours before.

Edited by fshagan

You can also cancel without penalty right up to the time the excursion leaves if you have a signed note from the ship's doctor stating it is medically necessary.

My husband has a mushroom intolerance which manifests as severe gastro-intestinal tract distress (both ends at the same time) within two hours of being dosed with mushrooms. His problem was noted on our cruise reservation and the staff was very careful on making sure there were no mushrooms in his meals.

On a day that we had an afternoon excursion, my husband was halfway through his lunch and noticed a mushroom. The staff sent him down to the doctor, the doctor wrote him a note, and the excursion was cancelled for him without penalty.