TFE Hotels

ChattTenn

We are from USA.

In searching for a place to stay in Sydney - Travelodge. We ran across the TFE Hotels webside which includes several brands?

If any of you know about this group, I would like to hear your opinion.

Also, I would like to know about Travelodge Philip St and Wentworth St.

Thank you for you information and feed back.

I stayed in the Philip Street one many years ago and it was comfortable enough. It was over a club bar, not sure if it still is, but I didn't notice much noise. It's a bit of a walk from Circular Quay, and Wentworth is further.

Have you considered the one at Wynyard? Easy walk to CQ and the metro is right next door. I stayed there in 2012 and thought it good value for money and would certainly consider staying there again - especially over the Menzies across the road, that was a real disappointment.

I stayed in the Philip Street one many years ago and it was comfortable enough. It was over a club bar, not sure if it still is, but I didn't notice much noise. It's a bit of a walk from Circular Quay, and Wentworth is further.

Have you considered the one at Wynyard? Easy walk to CQ and the metro is right next door. I stayed there in 2012 and thought it good value for money and would certainly consider staying there again - especially over the Menzies across the road, that was a real disappointment.

Thank you for the response. We will check to Wynard too. The reason we are looking those places because they are appearing closer to St. Mary Catheral.

I'm not sure why you need to be near St. Mary's Cathedral, but any hotel located in the CBD (Downtown), Circular Quay or The Rocks is worth considering. The furtherest of these areas, The Rocks, is only a 5 minute taxi ride or a 25 minute walk from St. Mary's Cathedral.

Here are some recent reviews of the Travelodge, but I'm not sure how much help it will be since they are all over the place as far as ratings:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255060-d256661-Reviews-Travelodge_Phillip_Street_Sydney_City_Hotel-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

We are from USA.

In searching for a place to stay in Sydney - Travelodge. We ran across the TFE Hotels webside which includes several brands?

If any of you know about this group, I would like to hear your opinion.

Also, I would like to know about Travelodge Philip St and Wentworth St.

Thank you for you information and feed back.

Have no idea what the TFE hotel website is, certainly not an Australian site.

Travelodge Phillip and Wentworth are equal distance from St Marys with Phillip St still being within walking distance of all the tourist sites around Sydney and the docks. Easy walk to central downtown as well as the Botanic Gardens and historical sites such as the old convict barracks. Located in a quiet street.

I'm not sure why you need to be near St. Mary's Cathedral, but any hotel located in the CBD (Downtown), Circular Quay or The Rocks is worth considering. The furtherest of these areas, The Rocks, is only a 5 minute taxi ride or a 25 minute walk from St. Mary's Cathedral.

Here are some recent reviews of the Travelodge, but I'm not sure how much help it will be since they are all over the place as far as ratings:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255060-d256661-Reviews-Travelodge_Phillip_Street_Sydney_City_Hotel-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

Thanks for the response

We will be Sidney during Easter 2016 and the Travelodge Hotels price is not too bad and close enough to walk to the church service.

Since our cruise won't be until next year we are still in search and hope to come up with a good place to stay because we might not be back to this part of the world again due to the distance and cost for the trip.

I recognised a few of the brands under TFE.

Have only stayed in Medina Apartments, they were very good.

I did stay at the Wynard Travelodge many many years ago but don't think it was operated by TFE then. Good location though.

I recognised a few of the brands under TFE.

Have only stayed in Medina Apartments, they were very good.

I did stay at the Wynard Travelodge many many years ago but don't think it was operated by TFE then. Good location though.

Ok so tfe is a hotel management site not a generic booking site, duh.

Have stayed at Medina all over the place and are generally good.

Travelodge Phillip is closer to St Marys but Wynyard is still a nice walk via York and Market streets.

Accommodation prices in Sydney over Easter will be higher than normal so if you see a good deal now, then grab it.

Edited by cassamanda

• 3 weeks later...

We are considering the Menzies as a friend stayed there in Jan 2015 and said she liked the location and her room was fine. Now I wonder why you said to avoid it. We will be there in Jan 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are considering the Menzies as a friend stayed there in Jan 2015 and said she liked the location and her room was fine. Now I wonder why you said to avoid it. We will be there in Jan 2016.

Nothing actually wrong with The Menzies. It is an older style international hotel with the typical high ceilings and ornate woodwork. I guess some people are looking for ultra modern. Many, many groups stay here.

Just across the park from the Travelodge on York and easy access to the cruise terminal and George St.

Named after a long standing post ww2 Prime Minister of Australia, Sir Robert Menzies and located at what was once the Military Barracks of colonial NSW.

Edited by cassamanda

Have no idea what the TFE hotel website is, certainly not an Australian site.

Travelodge Phillip and Wentworth are equal distance from St Marys with Phillip St still being within walking distance of all the tourist sites around Sydney and the docks. Easy walk to central downtown as well as the Botanic Gardens and historical sites such as the old convict barracks. Located in a quiet street.

Actually TFE is an Australian site.

I wouldn't stay at the Menzies any more it was once pretty good but really no longer up to scratch. Also it is built over the Wynyard station and train noise can be annoying.

Travelodge Wynyard and Philip St are both OK, not great but acceptable.

Philip Street is above the NSW leagues club, so has bars and bistro and is fairly quiet.

Lately DW has been staying in the Grace a bt further down York St than the Travelodge and it's pretty good too, an older building well restored, during the war it was the base for US military HQ n Sydney if that is any interest to you.

I wouldn't stay at the Menzies any more it was once pretty good but really no longer up to scratch. Also it is built over the Wynyard station and train noise can be annoying.

Doesnt the underground run under York St? There is a pedestrian tunnel entrance opposite the Menzies. I would think that more noise would come from the bus stands opposite.

I guess it doesnt really matter where you stay in the city - there is going to be some noise.

Going to be even more noise during the light rail construction down George St.

Doesnt the underground run under York St? There is a pedestrian tunnel entrance opposite the Menzies. I would think that more noise would come from the bus stands opposite.

I guess it doesnt really matter where you stay in the city - there is going to be some noise.

Going to be even more noise during the light rail construction down George St.

The Menzies is built OVER Wynyard station the place vibrates as trains pull in.

But yes the light rail could be a nightmare.