Fun Runs?

Gallivanting Souls

Will Be on Emerald Princess 1/18/15 out of Houston.

Does Princess have a fun run like some of the other lines to benefit a charity like Susan G Kohlman (sp?) or other charity? 5K.? I am finally fit enough to do one and would love to! Any info you have would be great!

Thank you!

Yes, Susan G. Komen benefit run/walks are held on every ship. Check the Princess Patter and it'll have info about it.

Edited by RickEk

Does Princess have a fun run like some of the other lines to benefit a charity like Susan G Kohlman (sp?) or other charity? 5K.? I am finally fit enough to do one and would love to! Any info you have would be great!

Thank you!

Susan G Komen is "Race for the Cure" and mostly every Princess cruise does one. I think though you see folks walking and not running. I imagine you can run if you can avoid crashing into the walkers.

Thank you!

Yes the Komen walk/run.

Look in the Patter.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes, As stated by above it's more of a Walk for the Cure....
I have run it several times. Sometimes, it gets a little weird when I come around after the first lap and start passing people, but not a big deal. It's all for a good cause. I consider myself a courteous runner and have never had an issue with walkers or slower runners.

I have run it several times. Sometimes, it gets a little weird when I come around after the first lap and start passing people, but not a big deal. It's all for a good cause. I consider myself a courteous runner and have never had an issue with walkers or slower runners.

Yep, you're a runner. Me? Just a fast walker. Next time I need to see who you run over. LOL :D

Susan G Komen is "Race for the Cure" and mostly every Princess cruise does one. I think though you see folks walking and not running. I imagine you can run if you can avoid crashing into the walkers.

I"m ok with walking. I just want to do the event. Funny, I called Princess and they know nothing about it.:rolleyes:

I wish there was just a "Like" button, haha.

Yep, you're a runner. Me? Just a fast walker. Next time I need to see who you run over. LOL :D
Hopefully, it won't be you. Are you still on the Emerald this October? If so, I have a favor to ask you. Edited by billco

So what are the details of the run? Do you sign up ahead of time? Do you pay through your sign and sail or cash? Do you get a number or a t-shirt?

A form is usually sent to the cabin during the cruise. Fill it out and bring to the Purser's Desk. They will charge your onboard account.

Just in case the form does not reach your cabin, check the Patter for a notice of signing up for the event.

As I remember it, you get a hat (ball cap), not a shirt.