West End Resort's day passes w/ Private Bodden

brianosaur

I realize we can just get RT transportation from a West End resort, but we want to use Bodden for a private tour for five.

Mostly we just want to relax and snorkel at a West End Resort for much of the day, but since my 8yo dd will be with us I do want to stop at Victors Monkey Business and possibly the Iguana place.

The Bodden tour lists that, "Some beach resorts on West Bay beach charge a day-use fee which includes use of their beach chairs, restrooms, showers, etc., if you are interested."

How much is the day pass to Bananarama or Beachers or Infinity Bay?

I read a blip here on CC about a 'snorkel spot' but I'm not sure what thread it was in. Where is this 'snorkel spot"? North by Foster's or south by IB?

Tnx

Tnx

I realize we can just get RT transportation from a West End resort, but we want to use Bodden for a private tour for five.

Mostly we just want to relax and snorkel at a West End Resort for much of the day, but since my 8yo dd will be with us I do want to stop at Victors Monkey Business and possibly the Iguana place.

The Bodden tour lists that, "Some beach resorts on West Bay beach charge a day-use fee which includes use of their beach chairs, restrooms, showers, etc., if you are interested."

How much is the day pass to Bananarama or Beachers or Infinity Bay?

I read a blip here on CC about a 'snorkel spot' but I'm not sure what thread it was in. Where is this 'snorkel spot"? North by Foster's or south by IB?

Tnx

Tnx

I am confused by some of this and maybe able to help with other bits. West End is a village with a beach and snorkeling at Half Moon Bay.

West Bay is where Bananarama, Beacher's and Infinity are. All of which have web sites with info or email addresses to get current correct information from.

This thread has everything you ever wanted to know about snorkeling West Bay, including maps.

Whoops. Sorry.

Yes, I had meant a West Bay Beach resort, not 'West End'.

Thank you for your correction and the link to the snorkeling thread.

I did look on several of the websites for the beach resorts but the only one I saw day use fee was for Fosters. The others only showed pricing for RT transportation included with their day pass. ...at least all that I could find anyway, but obviously I am prone to mistakes :D

The map on the linked thread shows an area in front of Infinity Bay.

Looking at their website again I see nothing about a day pass.

Does IB offer one and what would the fee be?

Tnx

Edited by brianosaur

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this with Bodden last month. After seeing the animals (your daughter will love them) we were taken to Paradise Beach which is between Bananarama and Infinity Bay. It was $10 per person and that included beach chair with umbrella and use of the changing room/restrooms and an awesome pool. Our Bodden tour guide (Howard) sat in the restaurant area and kept an eye on our stuff while we snorkeled. He negotiated the price and we paid Paradise directly. It was one of the best excursions we've ever done.

For snorkeling, you want to be in the area just southwest of and in front of Infinity, but its a very short walk from Beachers, Bananarama or Paradise..

Edited by grantbob

We just did this with Bodden last month. After seeing the animals (your daughter will love them) we were taken to Paradise Beach which is between Bananarama and Infinity Bay.

What made you choose Paradise Beach over Bananarama, or did Howard direct you there?

Thanks!

Brad

I have a question....if i were to book a Beach Day Pass...and pay deposit up front, and use my credit card that does not accur international fees, will i still be charged the 15% Hondurian Tax? I want to go to Bannarama for the day...is there a package that you can purchase, that includes lunch, and also if not, is the food and drink on the expensive side...or pretty reasonable....:)

We use Rony Tours and with these private tours, they will arrange the day pass. We are going to Bananarama next week but that is only because we are only going to hang out at West Bay Beach for a few hours and it was a $10 add-on There are others as well - Beachers, Fosters, Infinity Bay, Gran Roatan, etc.

When we described to Howard what we were looking for that is what he recommended. It was a great choice.

I am glad his recommendation worked out for you. Paradise was not on my radar until you mentioned it, so I truly appreciate it.

However, once I started searching to read more about it, I found this short thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2350955

Do you (or anyone else) have any thoughts on her experience?

We probably won't eat, so the food cost/quality does not bother us. And I think any place along West Bay could be crowded. But, you mention umbrellas are included, and she says that shade is hard to find. Plus, the lack of (working) restrooms is troubling. I guess am hopeful more folks will come back and tell me her experience was not typical, but I don't want to have unreasonable expectations either.

Thanks!

Brad

Edited by ihopfar

That wasn't my experience. Both of the restrooms were working for us. They are in a stand alone building by the pool and not air conditioned but they were quite clean. There was ventilated slats at the top to move some air through but it was warm in there.

The beach chairs were close together but there were quite a few umbrellas and that was a part of our pass. We weren't in those chairs very much, most of our time was snorkeling. Also there are some very comfortable padded lounges by the pool and it's a shaded area.

We had lunch for 4 with two soft drinks and 2 cocktails and I think it was $50 or so. Not any more than a beach side place in Florida and it was tasty to us.

The water right in front of paradise and the beach chairs had quite a few people but I wouldn't really call it crowded for a beach club. Maybe 50-75 people? There was enough room to space out. We were mostly in the pool or snorkeling down in front of Infinity.