Club natale bay villas roatan

barrelracer89

Has anyone here been to this resort?

My family and I are going on a cruise in November and we are looking to go here and book it with resortforaday . Com. Has anyone used that website before? We are also open to other ideas. Thank you

I have visited a couple of times but it has been a couple of years now, if you have any specific questions I would be happy to try and answer. We have always booked directly and done PAYG. The food and drinks were reasonably priced and the packages would not be worthwhile to us but it depends on what you want to do.

Not sure if you have tried the search function but here are links to a couple of threads from some time ago and includes my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ghlight=natale

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1743237

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We're looking at this resort as well. Found some better prices here:

Roatan All Inclusive Private Club Natale Beach Day Pass Excursion

We have always booked direct with resort and I think we paid similar prices to that site. The prices on that site are a little misleading now they are no longer offering package 2 AI because the prices in the table list pkg1,2 and 3 but they are the names of 1,3 and 4.

We have always taken standard day pass and paid for food and drinks.

• 6 months later...

Please tell me more as Club Natale has made my final 3 options for Roatan, along with Maya Key and Turquoise Bay. Is snorkel equipment included? How far is good snorkeling from shore? I've read that the beach area is away from the resort/facilities - how far? Plenty of shady spots on beach? Any info is appreciated!

Please tell me more as Club Natale has made my final 3 options for Roatan, along with Maya Key and Turquoise Bay. Is snorkel equipment included? How far is good snorkeling from shore? I've read that the beach area is away from the resort/facilities - how far? Plenty of shady spots on beach? Any info is appreciated!

I have been to Club Natale twice, Maya Key twice and Turquiose Bay once over the years when we have been looking for different, but always, away from the crowds places.

In my post above, the second link includes a review from my first visit to Club Natale when it was quite new. Not sure why the first link doesn't work now (at least for me) but I will repost as it includes good photos (not mine)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1568111&highlight=natale

Unfortunately we didn't snorkle at any if the locations (well, my daughter and SIL did once at Maya Key, where they found the current very strong, but again that was years ago when the location was new and before they apparently put a way-marked path through the reef). Some people have described no current at Maya Key so it is obviously weather related but something to be aware of.

There are various passes to Club Natale these days, (discussed in a post above) which include various things. We have always bought the basic package, which includes admission and transport,with food and drink on PAYG basis. The second package includes snorkel equipment and kayak (and maybe guide?). A kayak is necessary apparently to get out to the reef which you can see in above photos sheltering beach. I think you go through the mangroves to somewhere, as I said we didn't do it but I saw others. You can decide on the day and pay everything a la carte.

Beach is about a 3-5 minute walk down a track. There is shade at the beach under palms, palapas, two-story bar (unmanned unless large group or party present) but shade is sadly lacking at loungers around the pool (biggest negative for me) unless you sit at main bar/restaurant terrace.

As I said we have enjoyed it, we have been twice but it is a very quiet, laid-back place, fairly close to both ports, perfect for relaxing with NO crowds and NO vendors - not what everyone is looking for but suits us fine.

Edited by c-leg5

I booked this for some friends a few months back. It was their first cruise so I was showing them the ropes. They had nothing but praise for this resort. Service and food was good, the grounds nicely kept and prices were decent. What really surprised them was the lack of people. There was only about 20 people there. It made for a nice, quite, relaxing stay. You need to realize that this was their first cruise, so there was the new WOW factor. They liked it well enough that I will book it for us when we go in November.

You can Google Club Natale, TripAdvisor, and Shore Excursioneer for more info.

As I said we have enjoyed it, we have been twice but it is a very quiet, laid-back place, fairly close to both ports, perfect for relaxing with NO crowds and NO vendors - not what everyone is looking for but suits us fine.

Exactly what we want - thank you for all of your info - very helpful!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have visited a couple of times but it has been a couple of years now, if you have any specific questions I would be happy to try and answer.

Were the sand flies, etc. really bad at Club Natale? I've read that such bugs are super bad on Roatan, and that DEET has no effect on them. Many recommend a product called Cactus Juice, which is what the locals use and swear by it. And apparently the bites cause very intense itching for several days. Don't want that on my cruise for sure!!

Were the sand flies, etc. really bad at Club Natale? I've read that such bugs are super bad on Roatan, and that DEET has no effect on them. Many recommend a product called Cactus Juice, which is what the locals use and swear by it. And apparently the bites cause very intense itching for several days. Don't want that on my cruise for sure!!

Roatan is renowned for sand fleas and they seem to have been reported at almost all resorts at one time or another over the years.

It seems to depend largely on the individual whether or not they affect you. We have always sprayed with DEET, tried not to lie in the sand and hoped for the best. We personally did not have a problem at either TB or Club Natale, but we did see some at TB complaining. I am usually a magnet for bites, but so far have been lucky at all resorts on Roatan. My daughter has had some bites at Maya Key.

c-leg5: Thank you so much for this helpful information. I'm in trouble! Back here at home, I may as well hang a "the buffet is now open" sign around my neck when I go outside during warm weather. The bugs love me! I'm very fair skinned, and I've heard that has something to do with it, as well as blood type. Not sure if those are just myths, but there's something about me that they flock to. We went to the lake a couple of weeks ago, and I came back with a lot of mysterious bites, that were not from mosquitoes. No see 'ums I think. I guess I'll just have to put on a "suit of armor" and hope for the best! We won't be laying directly on the sand, but we will be in the loungers, which are right there on the sand. I hate to not do an excursion in Roatan, since this is our first visit, so I think I'll book with Club Natale, and cross my fingers. Thanks again!

We did Club Natale on our last trip to Roatan and I was not impressed with the facilities.

The people were very nice and the food was meh. But the place really looked old and tired to me. It was a significant walk down to the beach and the beach definitely was not worth the walk BACK up that hill.

They advertised a snorkeling trip included in the price but they had not made any prior arrangements to have a boat take us snorkeling. We barely had any time to snorkel once they finally got someone to come and pick us up. Because the "resort" (and I use that word loosely) was tucked back into a bay, it was a LONG boat ride out to a snorkeling area.

This was our first time trying resortforaday so I don't know if this is typical of their "properties" but it really makes me leary of using them again.

I would NOT recommend this place if you are looking for more than 2 stars.