Samba grill on Oasis??

I reserved the Oasis dining package for my upcoming cruise which includes Chops, Giovannis Table, and choice between Izumi's or Samba Grill. My parents who will be joining us on this cruise are not big on sushi so am hoping to opt for Samba Grill. Is there now a Samba Grill on the Oasis or is this an error on the pre-Cruise Planner website?:confused:

I reserved the Oasis dining package for my upcoming cruise which includes Chops, Giovannis Table, and choice between Izumi's or Samba Grill. My parents who will be joining us on this cruise are not big on sushi so am hoping to opt for Samba Grill. Is there now a Samba Grill on the Oasis or is this an error on the pre-Cruise Planner website?:confused:

Solarium Bistro was there on our last cruise and I don't think it has been replaced yet by Samba Grill. Hope not since it is by far one of our most favorite restaurants on Oasis and we are sad to see it go. jmho.

The Solarium Bistro is changed into Samba Grill for the evening on Allure of the Seas. There is word that Royal Caribbean is looking to replace the Solarium Bistro evening restaurant on Oasis of the Seas because of not many people using it.

On RoyalCaribbean.com Solarium Bistro is still listed as on Oasis of the Seas only.

On Oasis of the Seas®, let the starlit ocean sky set the mood after dark, when the Solarium pool transforms into a fine dining destination. Explore a menu of inspired, sumptuous dishes that embrace healthful living through healthy eating. Total charge: Dinner, $20 per person.

Click here for sample Solarium Bistro menu.

We were on the Oasis last month, May 12-19 and had several meals, mostly breakfast at the Solarium Bistro and enjoyed it very much. We did have dinner there the first night of the cruise, which was also very good. They do "convert" the Bistro for dinner each night...table clothes on tables, chair covers, candles...etc, but no reference or "renaming" to Samba Grill....On our sailing, for folks with MTD, they reduced the "cover charge" from $20 to $10 the first couple of nights, totaly worth it to us.....We had a forward cabin on the Oasis, so the solarium was a quick elevator ride up a few floors...in fact we spent a good portion of the cruise hanging out around the solarium and bistro.

Perhaps by this coming October it will be fully converted? The package was called "Oasis Choice Package". That's what's throwing me off I guess. Thanks for your responses

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps by this coming October it will be fully converted? The package was called "Oasis Choice Package". That's what's throwing me off I guess. Thanks for your responses

I saw this today when I was looking at dining reservations. Did anyone figure out if they will be adding Samba Grill to Oasis? I would LOVE to try it out on our Sept. cruise! --Katie

Bumping to see if anyone knows why Samba Grill is listed under the "Oasis Choice Package" online. If they're really going to turn the Solarium Bistro into Samba Grill, then we will book this package. If not, we will most likely book the Central Park package. I tried to call today, but apparently, they're only open during business hours. I'll try again on Monday, but if anyone has any info, I'd love to hear it. --Katie

Tyler80, Thanks

Tyler's response is informative, but still doesn't answer the question that the original OP and I both have. Here's what's written about the OASIS Choice Package on RCI's website. I've put references to Samba Grill in red:

Oasis Choice Pkg - Chops Grille - OCPKDINNER

How to Reserve

To reserve the Oasis Choice Dining Package in advance and save up to 25% off the normal cost of dining at these outstanding restaurants just:

Purchase the Oasis Choice Dining Package online through our Pre-Cruise Planner(RoyalCaribbean.com/PreCruisePlanner).

Reserve dinner at Chops Grille on the first night of the cruise. IMPORTANT: Please reserve ONLY Chops Grille, which must be on boarding day. You will reserve Giovanni's Table, and your choice of either Izumi or Samba Grill once onboard the ship. If you reserve additional restaurants online you will be charged for this package and also for additional restaurant reservations.

Once onboard you’ll be able to add your reservations at Giovanni's Table and either Izumi or Samba Grill on evenings you choose.

You may also purchase the Oasis Choice Dining Package onboard by visiting Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi or Samba Grill before 5 pm on boarding day.

About the Restaurants

Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean's popular signature steakhouse, featuring grade-A premium cuts of steak cooked to your specifications, plus fresh seafood, hearty side dishes and signature desserts in an upscale, contemporary setting.

Giovanni's Table: A casual Italian trattoria with indoor and al fresco seating, Giovanni's Table offers rustic dishes with a contemporary flair, including toasted herb foccacia, pastas, braised meat dishes and stews, served family-style.

Samba Grill: A churrascaria with personality and flare, featuring a variety of meats and seafoods carved tableside straight from the skewer, plus a wide selection of soups, salads and appetizers at the buffet.

Izumi: The traditional Asian dishes at Izumi will impress you with their pure, delicate flavors, freshness of ingredients and impeccable presentation. Diners can choose from popular sushi rolls, sashimi, our Hot Rock (Ishiyaki) Plates, sukiyaki and more.

Where You’ll Find It

The Oasis Choice Dining Package is available on Oasis of the Seas.

Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire in all three restaurants – jackets for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurants, including suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women.

Serving Hours

Giovanni's Table: 5.30 pm to 9.30 pm

Chops Grille: 6.00 pm to 9.30 pm

Samba Grill: 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm

Izumi: 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm

Please note: Opening and closing times may vary

I'm going to call today and see if they know if this is a typo or not. --Katie

I talked to a manager in Dining Reservations on the phone today. He thinks it is a typo, and he sent an email out asking them to fix it. He says that they need specialized equipment to cook the meats for the Samba Grill, and that's he's fairly sure there's no way they would have that all in place by September (which is when our cruise is). Too bad. I was hoping we'd be able to try it out. Hopefully they get the website fixed, or there will be a lot of angry people when they find out they can't get a ressie for Samba Grill once they board :eek:! --Katie

• 4 months later...
Solarium Bistro was there on our last cruise and I don't think it has been replaced yet by Samba Grill. Hope not since it is by far one of our most favorite restaurants on Oasis and we are sad to see it go. jmho.

Did you eat at the Solarium Bistro for dinner on Oasis? We ate their for breakfast and lunch on Allure and it becomes Samba at night.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else on this- if Samba Grill will be coming to Oasis? :o

There have been several rumors about changes to both ships, one involves where one has the seafood shack (oasis) and Allure has the Ritas, changing that to a Jimmy Buffet or something like that. Perhaps they could do that at the same time.

Archived