Just came across a new-to-me video of Maho landings

gtaylor

Those are great! Yesterday the Insel air takeoff was worthy of a you tube video. The plane came close to the fence and slowly turned the plane and got in place. The build up had so many people run and grab on to the fence. By the time he was up in the air there were people and belonging strewn in the water. The fence surfers hung on for dear life and the beach erupted in cheers and laughter when the sand storm finally ended. Such a fun and unique to St. Maarten experience.

We are going in September and would love to see this as well as relax on a beautiful beach. How do you know if one will come by and when? Also, is the Orient Beach close enough we could do both in 6 hours you have off a cruise ship?

• 3 weeks later...
Those are great! Yesterday the Insel air takeoff was worthy of a you tube video. The plane came close to the fence and slowly turned the plane and got in place. The build up had so many people run and grab on to the fence. By the time he was up in the air there were people and belonging strewn in the water. The fence surfers hung on for dear life and the beach erupted in cheers and laughter when the sand storm finally ended. Such a fun and unique to St. Maarten experience.

This takeoff was really worthy of a you tube video!!

We`ve been there, standing directly behind of the plane, it was awesome!

It shook the earth under my feet!

I tried to immure myself in the sand, the hot air from the plane raised the sand and shouted it like needles into my skin.

By the way i broke a toe while hiding in the sand ;-)

I think, the pilot had big fun standing there longer than necessary at all :-)

When the plane has gone all the people gave high fives to each other because they surveyved... :-)

This takeoff was really worthy of a you tube video!!

We`ve been there, standing directly behind of the plane, it was awesome!

It shook the earth under my feet!

I tried to immure myself in the sand, the hot air from the plane raised the sand and shouted it like needles into my skin.

By the way i broke a toe while hiding in the sand ;-)

I think, the pilot had big fun standing there longer than necessary at all :-)

When the plane has gone all the people gave high fives to each other because they surveyved... :-)

Oh that pilot played to the crowd. The extremely slow turn while getting into position suggested to me that this one was going to be good! It didn't disappoint:)

You remind me of poster Mitsugrly (?) she fell and broke her foot I think years ago but she just loved her first Maho experience other than that part of course.

These videos are a bit old. I was there on Aug. 8, 2015. The beach is basically washed away and what's left are very big rocks that were put the so that the water doesn't end up "eating up" the road. I'll try to post a picture later.

That was an awesome video. I haven't seen that one either. I loved the angle they got. Thanks for sharing Gary. :)

You remind me of poster Mitsugrly (?) she fell and broke her foot I think years ago but she just loved her first Maho experience other than that part of course.

Haha...I broke my right hand and pinched a nerve in my left elbow...to this day I still have no feeling (numbness) from the outside of my left elbow down my arm to my 5th digit and 1/2 of my 4th digit in my hand. Good times...damn wall! :p But man did we love it and went back last year to experience it again. I managed not to break anything there that day (but did break my toe on that cruise LOL).

That was an awesome video. I haven't seen that one either. I loved the angle they got. Thanks for sharing Gary. :)

Haha...I broke my right hand and pinched a nerve in my left elbow...to this day I still have no feeling (numbness) from the outside of my left elbow down my arm to my 5th digit and 1/2 of my 4th digit in my hand. Good times...damn wall! :p But man did we love it and went back last year to experience it again. I managed not to break anything there that day (but did break my toe on that cruise LOL).

:) I was trying to remember what the swollen body part in the picture was.:D

Thanks for bringing this thread up. DH got home last night but we went to a dinner party and I forgot to ask him about the Aug 2 nd Maho pics!