How does one get from Kenya/Mombasa to India by ship

cmymask

Hi there, I am looking for any info on cargo-lingers between Africa and India.

The term "liner" applies to passenger ships, generally the more luxurious sort.

Anyway, you could start your search on flightless travel dot com, or cargo ship voyages dot com for general info, or try safe mariner dot co dot UK for an agent for a couple of lines.

I frankly doubt you will be able to book the sort of accommodations you would like in any near-term time frame.

Good luck.

Google freighter travel and see what comes up. Personally, I wouldn't recommend freighters in that area because of the Somali pirates in that area. Plus, I highly doubt that any freighter would take a civilian on their ships in that part of the world because of liability issues, again because of the Somalis.

The term "liner" applies to passenger ships, generally the more luxurious sort.

Anyway, you could start your search on flightless travel dot com, or cargo ship voyages dot com for general info, or try safe mariner dot co dot UK for an agent for a couple of lines.

I frankly doubt you will be able to book the sort of accommodations you would like in any near-term time frame.

Good luck.

Actually, cargo ships that are on a regular routing are considered to be "liner" services.

Not all cargo ships carry passengers. There are a limited number of lines that do this, and limited ships within these lines. Neither Kenya or India are on the routes that these ships regularly ply. Regardless of security concerns, the companies will place these ships on routes that will attract the most customers. Some will offer "segments" of longer voyages, some will not, and some will limit what segments are available.