Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 36

pierces

YES!! College football is starting this weekend. I thought that I would show below a nice weather view for how super wonderful it was yesterday in Central Ohio. We were joined by 107,000+ friends/fans yesterday afternoon at the start of the Ohio State football game. Not too many other stadiums holding this many fans!! Look nice? Like the sunny, blue skies?

The game? Yes, Ohio State won 77-10 and will be moving up to a top-five rating in the nation. The Buckeyes set an all-time record of 776 net yards gained by the offense. Lots of scoring and action, including by the performing bands!! And, the weather being not too hot!! Or, cold. Perfect weather day.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 42,147 views for these postings.

Here was the opening action in Ohio Stadium yesterday afternoon as the Ohio State football team was going on to the field to start yesterday kick-off game. Just a quick view from my iPhone.:

TravelSept164_zpslqpxztkn.jpg

The weather hasn't been quite as friendly in Oregon this week as it was in Ohio. I spent a bit of time making lens koozies out of neoprene scraps.

DSC04357_zpsu7vnabev.jpg

The blue is out of an old lunch bag and the black and purple are from wetsuit scraps. I couldn't find anything I really liked online or at the local photo store, but after a couple tries I got one just the right width for the 18-240 lens. It's a bit long, but that isn't a problem. The wetsuit scraps are of a much higher quality neoprene so they stretch a LOT. I can even use the purple ones for wine bottles!

Vic

Our cactus bloomed again this week and rather than post another photo of the large, delicate flowers, I thought I would haul out the macro lens and focus (pun intended) on the local workers as they take advantage of the brief pollen bonanza.

Grocery Run

p741140409-5.jpg

Dave

Still hot and humid every day with chance of rain in the wetlands, but the birds are letting me get closer, and some more birds are starting to return as fall gets closer. Some shots from this weekend with my A6300 and FE70-300mm G OSS lens combo:

Female double-crested cormorant having a rest on the handrail:

original.jpg

Moorhen baby standing next to mom:

original.jpg

Juvenile cooper's hawk watching out for prey:

original.jpg

Closeup of the beautiful blue eye and mouth of a cormorant:

original.jpg

The wee little, superfast barn swallow in the middle of a banking turn:

original.jpg

• 4 weeks later...