Cruise Comparisons

Silverhairedbee

My wife and I are relatively new to cruising and are looking forward to our

fourth cruise this February. As is the habit with most of us we like to make comparisons between Cruise lines and the ships that we have experienced.

I know many of us have our favourites but I wonder how much the "price" of the cruise is taken into account when making these comparisons.

Having had one Cruise on Cunard and two on NCL I can honestly say we enjoyed NCL far more. I personally did not feel huge differences in the quality aspects these "lines" had to offer and where there was compromise it seemed so small considering we were paying under half the price for the NCL cruise.

Do others expect "everything" regardless of the price or do you take this into account when making your reviews.

Happy New Year to all,

Robbie

My wife and I are relatively new to cruising and are looking forward to our

fourth cruise this February. As is the habit with most of us we like to make comparisons between Cruise lines and the ships that we have experienced.

I know many of us have our favourites but I wonder how much the "price" of the cruise is taken into account when making these comparisons.

Having had one Cruise on Cunard and two on NCL I can honestly say we enjoyed NCL far more. I personally did not feel huge differences in the quality aspects these "lines" had to offer and where there was compromise it seemed so small considering we were paying under half the price for the NCL cruise.

Do others expect "everything" regardless of the price or do you take this into account when making your reviews.

Happy New Year to all,

Robbie

Absolutely consider price paid when comparing cruise lines.

We've done a similar cruise with NCL in February, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Do take into consideration, though, that most cruises in the Med, and from the UK ports at this time of year, are very cheap, as November to March are quite difficult to fill....we took a real cheapo this Nov, and can see a similar one at the end of Jan, from the UK. Most ships sailing from Southampton are going off on World cruises or extended journeys in the next couple of weeks, which becomes a tradition with many people from Europe; the Med is fairly empty, and most of what's left are going to the Canaries or round trips to the Caribbean and back.

As Paul says so well, it's the extent to which we care about the extras....;) ..that doesn't concern us so much, and a trip away on NCL Jade would suit us very well! :)