Noro Virus email delayed boarding!!

marko697

Just had the same email for Independence for the 3 night Paris/Bruges on Saturday

I'm immuno suppressed and have to visit the hospital several times a week

Do you think RCI would let me postpone? It's such a big risk for me when they already know it's an issue before I get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's proving difficult to get rid of- we were on Adventure 28/09 and were delayed boarding due to the previous sailing having it. And then it started up again a day or so into our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's odd. No sign of it on August 31 sailing.

Just had the same email for Independence for the 3 night Paris/Bruges on Saturday

Do you think RCI would let me postpone? It's such a big risk for me when they already know it's an issue before I get on

Since there is the same sailing immediately after the one you are scheduled to take, they might. Call and ask, the worst they can say is no. And if the answer is no, you can submit to your insurance for a refund. It may or may not work. Being concerned about Noro on the previous sailing might not be a valid cancelation reason.

No it's not good. Surprised more hasn't been said about it.

Look at all the posts and roll calls for Adventure and you will see there have been loads and lots of comments.

We were on Sept 28th and thought for sure she would miss Lisbon and return a day early so they could have an empty ship and a really good clean.But no

They did throw all the back to backers off with their luggage when we got back and they had to be off at 9.30 and were first on when the check in started, so the cabins could be deep cleaned and no crew were allowed to get off ship the day they returned,

Keep in mind that it could be that there is an infected hotel in Southampton. People staying there might be bringing it on board each sailing. That happened in Charleston, South Carolina a few years ago. The huge outbreak on the Explorer last year was brought on by a bus group.

Sitting on Adventure of the Seas now watching the runners return from Vigo. Regarding illness there has been 4-6 new cases everyday in the medical centre. Food being served by staff in Windjammer, no drink menu's at bars and no salt and pepper pots on tables in MDR. People being encouraged to wash their hands and use hand gel all the time. Chaos in Southampton when embarking two weeks ago, don't turn up early unless you are in a suite are have Crown and Anchor status.

Sitting on Adventure of the Seas now watching the runners return from Vigo. Regarding illness there has been 4-6 new cases everyday in the medical centre. Food being served by staff in Windjammer, no drink menu's at bars and no salt and pepper pots on tables in MDR. People being encouraged to wash their hands and use hand gel all the time. Chaos in Southampton when embarking two weeks ago, don't turn up early unless you are in a suite are have Crown and Anchor status.

I'm not looking forward to a chaotic boarding. It might put my husband and youngest son off cruising for life :(

I'm sorry you're ill. I have a brother going through chemo so I know how concerning any illness can be.

I'm surprised someone who's immuno surpressed would risk going on a cruise with or without a noro outbreak. There are so many other things that can be caught as well.

I know my brother was advised not to go anywhere there's large crowds.

As for noro on a ship, the ship can scrub and scrub but if it's reintroduced by a new passenger every cruise there isn't much that can be done to eliminate it.

We are also a party of 9 due on Independence tomorrow...

Worried about Noro with 2 x 70+ yr olds who would be susceptible, but they are cruisers so we will be as prepared as we can be.

We have parking, but as we are deck 2, are the last to arrive so slightly uneasy about the parking - even though it's pre-booked - we'll be the last the spaces!!

If anyone is an earlybird at 1 ish, please post a report on whether there is chaos, and how the terminal is coping, then I can prepare the family.

Thanks

Got cruise insurance?

You are 5 minutes walk from Southampton city centre if the terminal is closed. We have diamond status and are going to get there about 1130 and see what happens.

The terminal itself did not open til 12.30 for us and it was a bit chaotic the people milling around outside, fortunatley the organised coaches were told to go elsewhere before their original time and they arrived much later which cut down on too many people outside.