Great Seafood Lunch Recommendation in Key West

Debinnova

We are docking in Key West this Tuesday and would like a nice restaurant for a seafood lunch. Not fish probably - but shrimp (stuffed shrimp), crab, scallops or lobster. Would love recommendations for restaurants and dishes.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

We are docking in Key West this Tuesday and would like a nice restaurant for a seafood lunch. Not fish probably - but shrimp (stuffed shrimp), crab, scallops or lobster. Would love recommendations for restaurants and dishes.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

You will probably have to check menus to see which is right for you, but

For shrimp or stuffed shrimp and their steamed clams, I like the Half Shell Raw bar ---> http://www.halfshellrawbar.com/entrees

For even better steamers and three types of steamed shrimp, Alonzo's ---> http://www.halfshellrawbar.com/entrees

And just recently, The Conch Republic Seafood Co has been serving scallops which I think are exceptional. I sit at the bar and have them or tuna tataki and a Key West Sunset ale ---> http://www.conchrepublicseafood.com/

If you walk along the Bight, you hit these in this sequence: Alonzo's, Conch Republic, and, around the corner to the left, Half Shell, so you could sample things from more than one restaurant. And even with these three you'd also pass the Boathouse, The Schooner Wharf Bar, and Turtle Kraals with more selections.

Pjk

Turtle Kraals has two things that I like: a flight of ceviche - four different types - which can be accompanied by a flight of wine - one type to go with each type of ceviche. One flight of ceviche and two flights of wine makes a nice dinner for two. That and the views of the sunset from the second floor are worth going there.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And their basket of fish & chips.

Pjk

The places along the harbor mentioned above are OK, but to be honest, they're very geared toward tourists. As a local, I recommend you walk over to The Thirsty Mermaid for what is, in my opinion, much better food.

You can look at the menu on line, but they also always have several specials on the board.