Beach near cruise port

hlauburn

Visiting SJ in March. Interested in doing a walking tour and then spending a little time at the beach (ship in port 8-4). Can anyone recommend a nice beach not too far from the cruise ship port?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Visiting SJ in March. Interested in doing a walking tour and then spending a little time at the beach (ship in port 8-4). Can anyone recommend a nice beach not too far from the cruise ship port?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is a small beach right at the entrance of Condado, did not stop there but drove by it. It is small about 200 meters but did see people swimming and laying around.

I bought a day package in Isla Verde and in ocean Park.

The package i bought in Isla Verde was just chairs and umbrella for $25.00

Cheaper to rent on your own!

Also bought a package in Ocean park for $45.00 and that included food and drinks as well.

Both beaches are great depends what you really want to do there!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Stellaris Marriott once in Condado and beach was nice. It was not like Virgin Island beaches for those you need to go to Culebra or Veques (ferry), but still nice.

I am looking for another beach at that area... I know that Hilton Caribe has a nice beach (lagoon), but wondering if it is free. My parents stayed in this hotel, so they don't really know.

The Caribe Hilton has and enclosed "beach" are that is for hotel guests use only. The Escambron beach is adjacent to the Hilton's grounds and all you'd have to do to get a taxi back to the pier is to walk over to the Hilton. Or just walk yourself to port. It takes about 30 minutes along a brand new walking area with amazing views of the ocean. Just keep the ocean in sight and you'll be fine.