Trunk Bay vs other beaches

Soramor

Hi everyone! My husband and myself (mid 30s, good swimmers) will be visiting St John in early March along with two children (ages 7 & 9, safe but relatively new swimmers). We're taking ship excursion that gets us to St John but leaves us to do our own thing for a number of hours. We plan to take a taxi to and from a beach. We are considering Trunk Bay but I'm open to suggestions!

We'd like a beach that has snorkel rentals, facilities, a place to lay out a blanket and most importantly easily accessible snorkelling!

I've been to Trunk Bay years ago. But it kind of seems like maybe Cinnamon Bay may be better?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Cinnamon can get pretty rough sometimes so if you don't have a way of finding out the wind before you get to St John, you may want to consider another beach that is usually calm. The only beaches with facilities are Honeymoon, Trunk, and Cinnamon.

Honeymoon is gorgeous! However, it's a popular stop for day sail boats so it can get crowded if boats are coming in that day. They usually come every day as long as weather permits but depends on how many people have booked an excursion (either through a ship or guests on land vacation).

Trunk is a beautiful beach and the walk-in snorkeling is amazing. It can get crowded with cruisers, depending on ship count. You can actually rent snorkel gear right in town where the ferry docks, right across from the taxi stands. There are also great restaurants where the ferry docks if want to opt for that. All of the beaches are national park land and pretty rustic- that goes for the little store that sells food and stuff at Trunk...don't expect resort like amenities:)