Airport to Cruiseport

biomedbob

Check some earlier posts but haven't seen the current, most economical way from the airport to the ship. It seems that lyft isn's allowed.

Taxis at airport? Shuttle?

Any recent hints would be appreiciated. (Our most recent experience was in Baltimore where our taxi driver seemed not to understand English, drove past a clearly marked port exit and took us for a tour of the inner harbor, over our express concerns that he missed the exit. The fare was about $15.00 more than we are used to paying). :mad:

I'm sorry, but the new format has thrown me off. New Orleans airport to New Orleans Port.

Thanks!

might depend how many people and how much luggage you have. Taxi rates that I've found are $33 for 1 or 2 people and $14 per person for 3 or more. You could check with Uber also, an UberXL is $50 for that trip I believe.

Carnival also offers their shuttle service for $23.50pp. We've never used it, but will be from New Orleans Airport on our next cruise due to peace of mind and a flight arriving around noon. I've heard stories of folks waiting for it to fill up before they leave, and I've heard stories of it being fast. A friend used it in Miami and actually beat us to the port once.

We cruised from NOLA on the Dream in December and the ship departed late. The reason was that a flight was delayed due to the weather and they held the ship because passengers had the CCL shuttle booked from the airport.

That's exactly why I booked CCL shuttle for our upcoming trip. Glad to know that was done! I don't mind waiting on a shuttle to load as long as we make it to the ship!

That's exactly why I booked CCL shuttle for our upcoming trip. Glad to know that was done! I don't mind waiting on a shuttle to load as long as we make it to the ship!

Travel the day before if traveling by air just to avoid problems. A coworker today was flying to another work location and his first flight was delayed by an hour which resulted in him missing his second flight, they put him on another flight but that has resulted in a 6 hour delay. If this was to arrive in port the day of departure I suspect he'd miss the boat.

• 3 weeks later...