Falmouth with kids

crystalp30

We are cruising March 12-17 on Royal Carribean with out 2.5 and 6.5 year old. We had planned to do the dolphin experience with them. Just the 15 minute one not the swim but read a poor review about the amount of time you actually get and no time to enjoy the beach etc. Plus an hour long bus ride there and back.... so we decided to maybe not do that.

Our thoughts are to either stay a board the ship and explore that day with the kids or to see if it can be a date day with my husband and myself and figure out if the kids can stay in the daycare/camp for a chunk of the day while hubby and I go snorkling (something we love to do but can't really do this trip with kids).

Is there anything else in Falmouth that we can do with the kids that isn't $100 each just to stay on a beach at a resort? I don't want to spend 400-500 just for a beach day.

I've heard you don't really want to roam on your own either. Any suggestions or experiences from other parents?

• 1 month later...

Based on everything I've researched and read via cruise forums, Falmouth really isn't a great port unless you're willing to do an excursion of sorts, similar to Ocho Rios. Hope you get better response from others.

• 2 weeks later...
Based on everything I've researched and read via cruise forums, Falmouth really isn't a great port unless you're willing to do an excursion of sorts, similar to Ocho Rios. Hope you get better response from others.

Thank you! This is good feedback. We rarely stay on the ship, but perhaps we'll be doing that this go-round.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...