I Just Ordered Eagle Creek Packit Garment Folder

geocruiser

The folder was the first EC packing "aid" I had. Bought it back in 2000 for a 2 week winter trip to Europe. It was great for folding all my turtlenecks and long-sleeved Tshirts I had (It was an outdoor working trip). The little folder guide helped with the bulkier items I had to get them to a uniform size. It was nice to have all the shirts in one place - I could just take out the folder and put it in a drawer.

I still use it occasionally, but I travel much lighter than I used to. If I'm not rolling my shirts, I will use the guide to fold. I'll take that guide with me - it takes up zero space.

When you use it - be sure to alternate the direction you lay your shirts - makes it a more uniform size when you fold the pack together.

Thanks for the reminder! I ordered the large garment sleeve for longer items from Amazon. My husband wears Long/Tall shirts, and it will work well for his jacket, and maybe some of my dressy outfits.

I may have to order a second one. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime and 2 day shipping!

We have a larger and a smaller EC Folder.

Last cruise DH got four Hawaiian shirts and a pair of Dockers in the smaller one with room to spare.

Shirts are placed facing each other and upside down. Makes the pile level.

The folders come with a plastic form to fold the clothes around. I've found it easier to use a Flip Fold, only time I use that thing.

Edited by SadieN

I know tht they can be used for shirts and pants, but can they be used for skirts? I should receive them by mail this week.

I don't pack skirts but I don't know why not. You may have to play with the folding depending on the taper though. If it is bulky an 18" folder may be better.

I have been using folders cubes for many years now and one thing I learned early on is there are no rules with regards how you use these packing aids. With a little practice and experience I believe you will discover the merits of folders and cubes.

I always suggest to start out small and build upon your success. I even still look at YouTube videos from time to time to see if I can pick up any tips.

Shak

I don't pack skirts but I don't know why not. You may have to play with the folding depending on the taper though. If it is bulky an 18" folder may be better.

I have been using folders cubes for many years now and one thing I learned early on is there are no rules with regards how you use these packing aids. With a little practice and experience I believe you will discover the merits of folders and cubes.

I always suggest to start out small and build upon your success. I even still look at YouTube videos from time to time to see if I can pick up any tips.

Shak

Thanks, I brought two medium one for me. I will practice with them before our cruise packing. Can't wait to get them.

Thanks, I brought two medium one for me. I will practice with them before our cruise packing. Can't wait to get them.

Sierra Trading Post currently has all three size folders and some cubes available at a discount. For a further discount sign up for their emails.

Shak

Edited by Shak

• 4 weeks later...