Ft Lauderdale Wine Purchase Sunday AM?

michigyrl

Hoping someone can tell me if Ft. Lauderdale currently allows wine sales on Sunday mornings?

I Googled it and found some articles in 2011 saying no, but more recent articles (2013) stated they were thinking about changing the laws. Our flight will be arriving at 11PM the night before and we plan on using the hotel shuttle to take us to the hotel. The next morning we'll take a taxi to the port. Was hoping we could buy some wine on the way.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

If you want board as early as possible Sunday morning while still picking up some wine, Davie and Hallandale Beach are the nearest cities that sell bottles into the wee hours of Saturday night. Round-trip taxi from an airport area hotel would be around $40-50, so up to you if it is still worth it in comparison to ship's prices.

Thanks for the replies! And no...not worth the extra cash or hassle to Davie or Hallandale Beach to buy wine.

You could go early to board your ship. Then, disembark and take a taxi to Total Wine off 17th St. However, your wine might get confiscated at security check in. Good luck.

You could go early to board your ship. Then, disembark and take a taxi to Total Wine off 17th St. However, your wine might get confiscated at security check in. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion Nana. I think once I get on the ship I'm not leaving...at least not until we pull into the ports of call. The bottle of wines aren't that important to me...I just thought if we could take some on board with us we could have a glass while getting ready for dinner.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestion Nana. I think once I get on the ship I'm not leaving...at least not until we pull into the ports of call. The bottle of wines aren't that important to me...I just thought if we could take some on board with us we could have a glass while getting ready for dinner.

Thanks again!

CVS and Walgreens sell wine and will be open that late.

CVS and Walgreens sell wine and will be open that late.

Blue...you're from Fort Lauderdale?? How about I give you our wine order and you can deliver it to our hotel for us?? :D ;) Kidding aside, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe the hotel shuttle driver would be nice enough to make a stop when we're heading to the hotel!