Embarkation on Liberty

Gamom3

We are sailing on Liberty leaving Dec 20th. I have never cruised out of this port. What is the earliest we could arrive to embark? Note that sadly I have not been able to get a FTTF pass - is it worth it to check daily to see if any of these come available or is that not ever gonna happen?

How early you can arrive depends upon how you get to the port. For example, if you are staying at a hotel and using their shuttle, most don't leave until 10:30. The same goes if you are parking off site as shuttles are used to traverse passengers. If you are driving to the port and parking insight, the cruise port states that parking starts at 10:30, but others have posted that they have been allowed to park earlier.

One thing to keep in mind is that shuttles or taxis need to go through a toll station at the port and at times the wait is quite long to get through to the drop off location. On our last Liberty cruise we waited over half an hour to get through and the shuttle left a bit earlier than 10:30. We had priority boarding, but because of going through the toll area, when we got to the ship, they were boarding zone 21 or 27, I can't remember.

As far as FTTF, you should keep checking several times a day as there is always the possibility that more spaces will open if there aren't a lot of Platinum/Diamonds/Suite people boarding. Enjoy the Liberty. She is one of our favorite ships.

We are sailing on Liberty leaving Dec 20th. I have never cruised out of this port. What is the earliest we could arrive to embark? Note that sadly I have not been able to get a FTTF pass - is it worth it to check daily to see if any of these come available or is that not ever gonna happen?

If you don't mind waiting a little while, you can show up at 10:15-10:30 and get a zone 1 or 2 pass. You will board the ship right after those with VIP and FTTF. Probably at around 11:30. The only catch is you won't be able to go straight to your room. But, at least you will be on the ship!!

Yes it is worth it. FTTF was sold out for months on our November cruise. I checked twice a day every day. We leave in 5 days and just last week they opened more up. They were gone within a couple of hours though so if you do see them open up again, grab one immediately. Good luck

We cruised Oct 11th. Arrived at the port around 11:15-30AM was on the ship by 12 !! I can honestly say once we walked away from our van, we did not stop walking until we got to the counter for check in then again for the pre-board picture. We did not go straight to our cabin, we headed straight to GUYS :D. I mentioned to my Hubby that I would have been ticked off if I had paid for the FTTF thing when we had just pretty much walked onto the ship

Not sure what was going on when we sailed out of PC in August but the line waiting to get in was ridiculous! We have always taken the hotel shuttles and never had a problem getting up to the curb where we needed to unload.

We sat in a congested line for at least 30 min and there was a line behind us like you wouldn't believe!!!! Maybe the previous cruise was late debarking....don't know..... but whatever it was it felt like a disorganzed mess!!

Thankfully all of our other many cruises out of PC have been uneventful. Sure hope that's the case on Nov. 28th......:o

Not sure what was going on when we sailed out of PC in August but the line waiting to get in was ridiculous! We have always taken the hotel shuttles and never had a problem getting up to the curb where we needed to unload.

We sat in a congested line for at least 30 min and there was a line behind us like you wouldn't believe!!!! Maybe the previous cruise was late debarking....don't know..... but whatever it was it felt like a disorganzed mess!!

Thankfully all of our other many cruises out of PC have been uneventful. Sure hope that's the case on Nov. 28th......:o

we boarded aug. 31, seems that the porters were doing some kind of a slow down for more money so off people were behind and on people were waiting. we had one person getting our luggage from the shuttle go figure

we boarded aug. 31, seems that the porters were doing some kind of a slow down for more money so off people were behind and on people were waiting. we had one person getting our luggage from the shuttle go figure

Wow.....the porters are already WELL paid, so this kind of irks me. I'm glad I didn't know what they were doing, I really would have been peeved!!

Saw a large group waiting on a shuttle to take them to the airport, that must have been very late due to all the traffic congestion. These people were literally fighting when their shuttle finally did arrive because it was not big enough to hold everyone. The driver kept saying another one was coming, but no one was listening......:eek:.....it was a mess!!!

I was very glad to get inside the terminal and out of all that craziness!!!