Best beach for 4 year old?

JMaryland

What is the best beach to take my 4 year old daughter to? We're stopping for the day in St. Maarten on a cruise next month. We'd like to go to one of the lesser populated beaches. I looked at Le Galion but pictures gave me the impression the water was dirty. We also want a beach that has public bathrooms. My daughter doesn't know how to swim so calm waters would be a plus! Thanks!!:):p

Just wanted to post our total agreement about Le Galion. In fact, it is so perfect for kids that many local school groups will show-up at that beach for swim time (they stay by themselves on the far left side of the beach). We have also grown quite fond of the small beach restaurant where the lunch food is quite good.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

What about all the recent posts about criminal activity there?! I was also thinking about taking granddaughters there but now ...not so sure.:(

This is a beach that many islanders bring their families to. I have never heard of or wittnessed any crime at Le Galion. Other than Peak Paradise I don't think that there is anywhere on the island that I would want to go in the daytime that I don't go to because of fear of crime.

What recent events supposedly happened at LeGalion? Was it car break-ins or worse. BTW don't leave anything in your car. Pretty easy to do while visiting on a cruise.

OP if your counting add me to those that choose Le Galion as the best beach for small children.

Edited by Karysa

Karysa,

There was a problem with carjackings near Le Galion last month.

French side authorities are well aware and the Gendarme are on alert, possibly conducting 'sting' operations.

Obviously(?) shouldn't be a problem getting there by tour or taxi, but rental car drivers should be aware of their surroundings at all times (as usual).

Perhaps avoid if there isn't any traffic at all or suspicious, and turn into Orient instead.

gary

Karysa,

There was a problem with carjackings near Le Galion last month.

French side authorities are well aware and the Gendarme are on alert, possibly conducting 'sting' operations.

Obviously(?) shouldn't be a problem getting there by tour or taxi, but rental car drivers should be aware of their surroundings at all times (as usual).

Perhaps avoid if there isn't any traffic at all or suspicious, and turn into Orient instead.

gary

This is good to know. Please post if you hear of another incident.