PEARL SF suite perks vs Haven

Sundiego

We are booking a cruise on the PEARL and considering an SF aft balcony. All of the Haven suites are booked so those are not an option for us. We have stayed in the Haven on the Getaway, so I'm familiar with Haven perks. I am wondering what perks the SF gives us, specifically...

1. I don't think we have Haven access (bar or restaurant) but do we get any suite dining perk like Cagney's or Moderno for breakfast and lunch?
  2. Is there a butler assigned to us? What about concierge access? I don't want to sound cheap (ha) but we don't need either really, so it's a plus if we're not required to have them and thus, don't have to tip them.
  3. What about the priority seating area in the showroom?
  4. As for priority boarding, do we have the same waiting area as the Haven folks?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks very much for the help. I tried to search but couldn't find current threads on this and we haven't sailed NCL in awhile so I am not up on the latest changes.

We stayed in an SF suite in January. We had a butler, concierge, priority boarding ( sat with the Haven guests), and breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaurants. The only things we didn't have were special seating in the theater or Haven access. We also got all of the free at sea perks.

Joy

We have cruised in an Aft facing PH Suite on the Jade, same ship as the Pearl for the most part...(Jewell Class)

Breakfast and lunch will be at either Cagney's or Moderno, you will have priority boarding and will wind up with the Heaven people while you wait to board...Entertainment seating for Suites and above is in the balcony, your Concierge will be there at every show to welcome you...So yes you will get Concierge treatment as well as a butler...The only thing you don't get is the actual Heaven and access to their pool...As far as I know there is no "Heaven Restaurant or bar on the Pearl...Maybe somebody else will respond...???)

Being in an SF Suite was great, you have "priority", its very quiet and our Concierge stopped by daily to see if we needed anything as did our butler...My thinking is save the Heaven for the larger ships that actually do have a real "Heaven area" with separate bar and restaurant...In the meantime we think that the Jewell class ships offer a lot of value with an SF accommodation...

Enjoy your cruise hope this helped...

Rob:cool:

We've stayed in SF suites on the Jade and Gem (two of the Pearl's sister ships), and you've gotten good info above. I will add that I've seen the Haven courtyard on the Jewel class ships, and I don't think you are really missing much. (And the so-called "pool" is just a narrow little channel.) Also, in terms of reserved seating in the theatre, those seats are on the side in the balcony and imho are not the best seats in the house.

Are you able to book an SF on Deck 10? The balconies of the aft-facing cabins on that deck are much larger (deeper) than they are on the other decks. Personally, I'd stay away from Deck 8, which is right over the Bliss Night Club.

Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. For the cruise we are looking at, the cabins are pretty picked over :( The SF is actually cabin #8130 and I have heard mixed reviews about bowling alley noise. It is the last SF available. There are some SE's available which would be deck 10 forward. Thoughts??

Thought of another question, we loved the Lavazza coffeemaker in the Haven suite. Do the SF or SE suites on Jewel class ships have any kind of upgraded coffeemaker or just the small "hotel coffeemaker" like the balconies?

SF and SE suites get the same coffeemaker as the Haven. I've been on the Pearl three times. Once in the Haven in a two bedroom suite, once in an OS (in the front) and once in an SF. While I can't answer your question about bowling alley noise I think you'd be happy with either the SE or SF. Personally, I loved being aft. We're going to s July on the Pearl in a SF.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. For the cruise we are looking at, the cabins are pretty picked over :( The SF is actually cabin #8130 and I have heard mixed reviews about bowling alley noise. It is the last SF available. There are some SE's available which would be deck 10 forward. Thoughts??

Thought of another question, we loved the Lavazza coffeemaker in the Haven suite. Do the SF or SE suites on Jewel class ships have any kind of upgraded coffeemaker or just the small "hotel coffeemaker" like the balconies?

If you do a search in the NCL forum for noise from the Bliss Lounge, you'll find a number of responses, including this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1694207

Only you can assess the noise risk. Personally, I would not book above a public space like the Bliss Lounge.

Earlier this year, we were in an SE on the Jewel for a 16-night Panama Canal cruise (stateroom 10500). It was our dream cabin for that cruise, and it was awesome. I don't know which SEs are available on your sailing, but if you can snag 10500 or 10000, I would do it. Even the other deck 10 SEs (slightly smaller interior than the two I mentioned) to me would be preferable to the risk of being over the Bliss Lounge. YMMV.

I have comments about our suite, a photo of it, and of course photos from the amazing forward-facing balcony, on my review thread, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

What's the itinerary you are going to book?

I can't speak to the coffee makers on the Pearl, but in the Gem and Jewel suites, they've been replaced by single-cup Nespresso machines as noted above.

We love the deck 10 AFT on Pearl, Jewel and Star. Same butler, concierge and private breakfast and lunch restaurant. We have stayed in Haven on Pearl, Jewel and Getaway and while nice, the best bang for our buck is Deck 10 AFT.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Earlier this year, we were in an SE on the Jewel for a 16-night Panama Canal cruise (stateroom 10500). It was our dream cabin for that cruise, and it was awesome. I don't know which SEs are available on your sailing, but if you can snag 10500 or 10000, I would do it. Even the other deck 10 SEs (slightly smaller interior than the two I mentioned) to me would be preferable to the risk of being over the Bliss Lounge. YMMV.

I have comments about our suite, a photo of it, and of course photos from the amazing forward-facing balcony, on my review thread, here:

What's the itinerary you are going to book?

Thanks again for the responses. TURTLES06... we are actually looking at a Panama transit and 10500 and 10000 are available! Off to look at your pics!

We love the deck 10 AFT on Pearl, Jewel and Star. Same butler, concierge and private breakfast and lunch restaurant. We have stayed in Haven on Pearl, Jewel and Getaway and while nice, the best bang for our buck is Deck 10 AFT.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We think that the aft facing Suites on the Jewell class ships are the best value and the most comfortable for us...Love being AFT...Have a great cruise...

Rob

We think that the aft facing Suites on the Jewell class ships are the best value and the most comfortable for us...Love being AFT...Have a great cruise...

Rob

I totally agree with you. No matter what cruise line or ship, AFT is our favorite. Sadly, on this cruise AFT is not an option :( We are booking kind of late and most of the best cabins are taken.

I totally agree with you. No matter what cruise line or ship, AFT is our favorite. Sadly, on this cruise AFT is not an option :( We are booking kind of late and most of the best cabins are taken.

Having sailed in SFs and in an SE on the Jewel class ships, given that this will be a Panama Canal cruise, per your comment yesterday there are still TWO of THE BEST imho cabins available for this itinerary -- the two center SEs under the bridge on Deck 10. There's a reason people cram into the open bow area starting at 6am and stand there in the brutal sun, heat and humidity for hours (you can see them in my photos); the forward-facing view of the Canal transit is amazing. (Of course, wherever your cabin on a Canal transit, you should move around the ship and get all different perspectives.)

And we enjoyed that great view coming into ports, as well as just relaxing on sea days.

We have been on the Gem in cabins 10000 and 10500, they are our favorite! I would grab one in a heartbeat for a Panama Canal cruise (and I will as soon as I get the money saved). As others have mentioned you get the all the Haven perks except the pool and sundeck. Since we haven't done the Haven on Jewel class ship I can't say if it's worth it or not. The down sides of the forward cabins on deck 10 are rather windy conditions while at sea - some days are fine, some you can get blown away while the ship is under full steam. Going through the canals the view should be priceless and totally comfortable. The 2 center cabins (mentioned above) have an overhang where the bridge sticks out over the deck so you have some shade and a larger interior. One other note - the curtains need to be kept closed at night as the light reflects off the bridge windows. You will get phone calls or the butler will come and close them if they are left open. Enjoy the cruise!

Rob

We had one of these in 2015. Great suite and super-quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on the Gem in cabins 10000 and 10500, they are our favorite! I would grab one in a heartbeat for a Panama Canal cruise (and I will as soon as I get the money saved). ... Going through the canals the view should be priceless and totally comfortable.

It was! As I mentioned in a comment above, we were in 10500 on the Jewel in January for a full transit of the Canal. It was our dream cabin for this cruise, and it did not disappoint.

Full review and more photos here:

Gatun%20locks%201024x683_zpsekwewkzw.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

The deed is done!! I booked 10500 :)

I think you will love it!

In addition to everything else, sitting on the balcony in the dark is wonderfully relaxing. No lights in the bow, so a great opportunity for star gazing. (Take a tiny flashlight out there with you to help you get back inside, and, whatever the time of day, watch your fingers opening and closing the sea door.)

Have a great cruise!

I think you will love it!

In addition to everything else, sitting on the balcony in the dark is wonderfully relaxing. No lights in the bow, so a great opportunity for star gazing. (Take a tiny flashlight out there with you to help you get back inside, and, whatever the time of day, watch your fingers opening and closing the sea door.)

Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much! And btw, really enjoyed your review and the pics. Those whale pics are wonderful!!

We are booking a cruise on the PEARL and considering an SF aft balcony. All of the Haven suites are booked so those are not an option for us. We have stayed in the Haven on the Getaway, so I'm familiar with Haven perks. I am wondering what perks the SF gives us, specifically...

1. I don't think we have Haven access (bar or restaurant) but do we get any suite dining perk like Cagney's or Moderno for breakfast and lunch?
  2. Is there a butler assigned to us? What about concierge access? I don't want to sound cheap (ha) but we don't need either really, so it's a plus if we're not required to have them and thus, don't have to tip them.
  3. What about the priority seating area in the showroom?
  4. As for priority boarding, do we have the same waiting area as the Haven folks?

I wrote about our Suite experience on the Pearl last month! :)

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/norwegian-pearl-suite-life-cabin.html

2. I don't think we have Haven access (bar or restaurant) but do we get any suite dining perk like Cagney's or Moderno for breakfast and lunch?

3. Is there a butler assigned to us? What about concierge access? I don't want to sound cheap (ha) but we don't need either really, so it's a plus if we're not required to have them and thus, don't have to tip them.

4. What about the priority seating area in the showroom?

5. As for priority boarding, do we have the same waiting area as the Haven folks?

I wrote about our Suite experience on the Pearl last month! :)

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/norwegian-pearl-suite-life-cabin.html

The Pearl Haven does not have a restaurant and bar so you will use the same one for breakfast and lunch as the Haven suites use.

Yes. You will have a butler and concierge access.

Same pre cruise waiting area.

On Jewel class ships most theater seating is Haven suites although I have seen it vary a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums