Noordam Questions

CStorm

I want to apologize for asking the same questions that I'm sure have been answered before but I have searched and searched and can't find the answers.

1. We are in aft balconies, 3 of them, 5184, 5187 and my sister's cabin that is next door to 5187. Can we open any part of the partitions so we can walk between balconies?

2. Does the roof over the pool close? Going to Alaska in July, just wondering if the roof will be open or not.

3. When we carry on our one bottle of wine per person, do they take it from us at check in? Do they charge us corkage for this?

4. Is there any way of knowing who the entertainment will be before we get on board?

I hope that's it... thanks in advance!

On #2, yes, it closes. On #3, no, you keep them.

And #4, if you ask a week or two before your cruise, or watch for others posting from Noordam, you might get some hints on entertainment. It has been discussed (along with your other topics) that the Blues group will likely be on board- great music!

It is small door by the railing that your cabin steward can open and lock in place so that it doesn't bang while the ship is moving.

You always have the best answer to this question. The photos really help. :)

On embarkation day you are allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per person that is corkage free - if consumed in your cabin. You can take more and pay $18 corkage fee per bottle which can be consumed in any restaurant, bar, lounge or your cabin. You take the wine with you to your cabin - they don't keep it.

If you bring wine on at ports along the way it will (may) me confiscated and will be returned to you on the last night of the cruise.

Edited by Boytjie

It is small door by the railing that your cabin steward can open and lock in place so that it doesn't bang while the ship is moving.

The pictures are awesome, thanks!

I love these boards, can't imagine cruising without them, but I'm pretty OCD.. :rolleyes:

On embarkation day you are allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per person that is corkage free - if consumed in your cabin. You can take more and pay $18 corkage fee per bottle which can be consumed in any restaurant, bar, lounge or your cabin. You take the wine with you to your cabin - they don't keep it.

If you bring wine on at ports along the way it will (may) me confiscated and will be returned to you on the last night of the cruise.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I think we can bring a bottle (or more) of wine bought in various ports along the way and pay the corkage fee. If we don't want to pay the fee, they will hold the wine until end of cruise. If we pay the corkage, we can drink it anywhere on the ship.