Add a person to booking?

Moriah

Well, I was all set to go on my spur of the moment solo cruise to Bermuda on Saturday (This coming Saturday May 2) and today my friend asked to join me! I am all for it - but my TA is not responding (fair enough - it's Sunday...) so I wonder if any of you know - is 6 days out (or 5 days out as of tomorrow) too close to sailing to add someone to my booking? I know my TA will return my emails in the AM, but it would be great, if anyone knows or has done it, if we could find out tonight that it's possible.

No reason it won't work.

Call you TA in the morning and if fail... call HAL ASAP.

Good luck!

See you on Saturday! ;-)

That's true as far as the time thing goes. The only problem would be if the ship is booked to the USCG maximum passenger load.

That's true as far as the time thing goes. The only problem would be if the ship is booked to the USCG maximum passenger load.

Oooh, didn't think of that! Looks like they are still showing the cruise on the website though, so it doesn't seem to be sold out. I will be on the phone with the TA first thing in the AM...

If the lifeboat for your cabin is already at capacity you won't be able to add your friend. There may still be available cabins elsewhere (with a different lifeboat) on the ship though.

Well, my cabin is a guarantee - they haven't assigned it yet... so hopefully they would juggle so it would work. I was excited about going solo, but now I'm excited about adding my friend... wish it hadn't happened on a Sunday! Patience isn't my strong suit! :o

We are all set! My TA saw my email first thing this morning, and we already have our new confirmation including my friend on the booking! The only price difference was the addition of taxes. As a solo booking I had already been charged for port charges, apparently for two! Who knew! Our cabin is still a guarantee, and I continue to look at our luggage tags every hour to see if it's been assigned.

Getting excited!

Oooh, didn't think of that! Looks like they are still showing the cruise on the website though, so it doesn't seem to be sold out. I will be on the phone with the TA first thing in the AM...

Unlikely it will be completely full. School is still 'session' so this might be an 'adult only ' cruise!

See you on the Noord Oceaan! :)

We are all set! My TA saw my email first thing this morning, and we already have our new confirmation including my friend on the booking! The only price difference was the addition of taxes. As a solo booking I had already been charged for port charges, apparently for two! Who knew! Our cabin is still a guarantee, and I continue to look at our luggage tags every hour to see if it's been assigned.

Getting excited!

Good Show!

I hope you get a good suite. ;)

Stephen