Torn between Spa or Lido balcony

gkrnjlr

We love the Lido deck as it is very close to everything and it has always been quite for us. I have never booked a spa cabin.

I wonder if you would hear any noise from the sun deck above? Camp Carnival is up there. The serenity is on the starboard side and the port side looks is a deck with deck chairs. Hopefully someone who has stayed on the spa deck can jump in and provide some help.

What's the cost difference between the two? If there is a difference you have to ask the question...will I use the spa amenities?

I had a spa balcony on my Breeze cruise and honestly only used the spa area for the private shower. It allowed the GF and I to get ready at the same time.

Other than that I didn't use anything else, with that being said I won't book another spa related cabin again to be honest.

I'm booking on the Breeze again for September and am choosing a cove balcony since we LOVED the one we had on our Dream cruise in Feb.

If you don't get any extra Spa benefits from booking on Spa Deck, I would greatly prefer Lido. Assuming the layout is like Glory, your balcony will not be covered - lousy if the weather goes south - and you're one deck down from Camp Carnival. Camp itself is not a problem, but when parents pick their kids up in the evening they'll be going up and down the steps to and from deck 11 since most of the elevators don't go to deck 12.

Edited by nybumpkin

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm sold on Lido, but the only problem with that is that there are only two cabins left and they're very close to the elevator. When talking to the PVP I was told that it'd be busy. When looking at the Spa balcony (Yes, whoever mentioned it previously....this is just a balcony on the Spa deck. It's not a Cloud 9 Spa balcony.) there are plenty of them available and we were eying one that would only have one neighbor. I don't mind the no overhang (covered balcony)....and there's only a $10 difference.

With where the Lido balconies are - would you still do Lido?

Thanks!

I'm sold on Lido, but the only problem with that is that there are only two cabins left and they're very close to the elevator. When talking to the PVP I was told that it'd be busy.

With where the Lido balconies are - would you still do Lido?

We had 9287 on Conquest. We worried about noise from the elevator, but had no problem at all. (The only noise we experienced was from one of our neighbors' cabins late one night when they were apparently having a good time.:p) And we loved the convenience of the short walk to the Lido deck.

What's the cost difference between the two? If there is a difference you have to ask the question...will I use the spa amenities?

I had a spa balcony on my Breeze cruise and honestly only used the spa area for the private shower. It allowed the GF and I to get ready at the same time.

Other than that I didn't use anything else, with that being said I won't book another spa related cabin again to be honest.

I'm booking on the Breeze again for September and am choosing a cove balcony since we LOVED the one we had on our Dream cruise in Feb.

Cove balcony....what's the deal with those? I'm always tempted to book one because of the great price, but I always chicken out at the end. Do they have much of a view or do the life boats

block it?

Edited by keith75

Cove balcony....what's the deal with those? I'm always tempted to book one because of the great price, but I always chicken out at the end. Do they have much of a view or do the life boats

block it?

I've wondered the same thing. We have one booked on the Breeze next January. Are cove balconies really close to the water and we may get splashed if there are some waves?

We only book lido or panorama deck balconies. We've stayed near the elevators several times and there is no problem with the noise. We stayed on spa deck on the Freedom (sister ship) and would never do it again. There is absolutely no privacy because there is no cover on the balcony. So when you're sitting out there you can literally look up and see and hear other people's conversations. We also had quite a few cigarette butts and ice cream cones land on our balcony. It seemed like every morning we woke up with garbage out there.

I've wondered the same thing. We have one booked on the Breeze next January. Are cove balconies really close to the water and we may get splashed if there are some waves?

Let us know how the cove went next January Lol ! Back to your topic....We haven't done either but if I was a gambler I would bet on the spa deck.

We have booked a Lido balcony! Such overwhelming response on here about it tells me that we've been missing a great location.

Thanks for all the input!

And....yes, when we get back from the Cove Balcony on the Breeze I'll pass word on about it!

Thanks for everyone's help!