Excited that I just Switched my Cabin to an Aft Suite but Have a Question

LAFFNVEGAS

I have been booked for several months for the Jewel this coming November but when I booked the price for a Mini Suite was amazingly cheap so I took it. Now for the past three NCL cruises I have been on Deck 10 in cabin 10666 and on the Dawn was in 10728 so basically have always had the same exact cabin. Since this cruise is celebrating my big 60 Birthday :eek: I felt I really deserved what we always booked so have been watching for several weeks to see if one would open up. To my excitement one did open up this morning and it was in the same location but on deck 8... yes I grabbed it :D

My Question is...Is there any difference in the cabin on deck 8? Balcony Size? Anything I should be warned about? If this was Dawn or Star I probably would not have chosen deck 8 but cannot see where there would be anything that could be a negative here.

I just need to make sure we get off the elevator on deck 8 instead of 10 ;)

Lisa

The aft deck 8 suites on the Jewel class ships are pretty much the same as the deck 10 aft suites. The balconies are a bit narrower but all the furniture still fits out there. Deck 8 balconies are fully covered and have less of a chance of getting fly away whatever from the Great Outdoors two decks above. While we prefer the deck 10 balconies we still like deck 8.

Lisa

The aft deck 8 suites on the Jewel class ships are pretty much the same as the deck 10 aft suites. The balconies are a bit narrower but all the furniture still fits out there. Deck 8 balconies are fully covered and have less of a chance of getting fly away whatever from the Great Outdoors two decks above. While we prefer the deck 10 balconies we still like deck 8.

Thanks :) I kind of thought that the balcony was slightly smaller. I know we would have had a good time with the deck 11 Mini Suite but just not the same without my Lavazza Coffee and sitting out on the Verandah in the morning :) It was well work it to pay the extra ;) and I will now be just a couple of points from Platinum.

We scored a deck 10 corner aft PH on the Jewel in November as well. We were originally booked in a mini and through persistence and luck we snagged one. Excited! Enjoy your cruise and your view!

Edited by GrabMyWrist

We scored a deck 10 corner aft PH on the Jewel in November as well. We were originally booked in a mini and through persistence and luck we snagged one. Excited! Enjoy your cruise and your view!

Congrats to you too :) I plan to keep watching to see if deck 10 Suites become available I would love to get 10666 but will be happy with our deck 8 Suite.

The main drawback to a deck 8 Aft Penthouse is that it is above the Bliss Lounge & Nightclub. But getting a suite is worth the inconvenience, IMO :)

Forget above post! The Jewel has shops below deck 8 aft. You should have quiet nights. :D

We're sailing on the Jewel in Oct in a suite on deck 8. We have the exact cabin that we sailed couple years ago. No problem with noise or anything. Smaller than deck 10, but it's a suite.:)

We're on the Star. Just moved from a Family Suite with no balcony to 10728 Aft PH with large balcony.

I couldn't find any negatives when I looked quickly....is there anything we'll want to prepare for, with this room?

Thanks!

Stephen

We're on the Star. Just moved from a Family Suite with no balcony to 10728 Aft PH with large balcony.

I couldn't find any negatives when I looked quickly....is there anything we'll want to prepare for, with this room?

Thanks!

Stephen

Stephen, you will love that cabin and location, while I was not in that cabin on the Star I was in that cabin number on the Dawn. It is also the same exact location of cabin 10666 that is on the Jewel Class.

I am really excited, We kept telling ourselves we would be totally happy with a Mini Suite not having our Wake view and not being able to sit out there in the morning with my Lavazza Coffee the more I realized I really needed my aft suite :D

When are you sailing in November? We are sailing on the jewel on the Nov 15th and we are in cabin 10666. The only way ou will get this cabin is if the upgrade fairy calls me. :)

We are the week before you on November 8th :) We were just in 10666 on the Jewel in March and absolutely love that cabin and location. Wish the person in November 8th would get upgraded so I could move back to 'OUR' cabin ;) :D

Hello neighbor, My name is Mary Ann and my husband is Pat. I'm jealous that you're in 10664....I'm you're only neighbor!!

Pleased to meet you, virtually. My name is Mike and my wife's name is Sheila. We're glad you're our only neighbors. ;) Look forward to meeting you on the ship.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Please note that there is a difference between the Aft suites on Deck 8 and Deck 10. The suites on Deck 10 have a larger balcony which allows for two loungers and two chairs. We were initially booked on 10166 on the Jewel this past January and received an upsell to the owner's suite. We are booked again on 10166 for this coming January.

If you can, move back to Deck 10.

Johan