MSC Club

BoBayBrin

Does anyone know how the MSC Club works? Does MSC actually send you a card? If they dont send a card how do they know if your a member, to recieve the member benefits. Thanks

After your first cruise, you can enroll online. Yes you do receive a card, but it takes a long time to get it.

The MSC Club has four categories and the perks increase as you move from one category to the next: Basic, Silver, Gold, and Black. You earn one point for every cruise night plus one point for every 200 euros you spend on board. At 21 points you become Silver, 42 you're Gold, and at 100 points you get the Black Card. The various discounts and perks are all listed in the MSC Club section of the MSC website. When you start a cruise it's important that you go to the Reception and register your card so you'll get credited for your points earned.

• 3 weeks later...
After your first cruise, you can enroll online. Yes you do receive a card, but it takes a long time to get it.

I have cruised 3 times with MSC and 2007 to this past Xmas and still have not received my card but have a number which has an expiry date on the paper it is on. I have emailed them numerous times, called and nothing to date. I also have difficulty trying to find out the total amount of points i have. On our last MSC cruise met a TA who mentioned one can accumulate points to use toward a cruise.....is that true and where does one get that info. There USA site never responds to emails or phone calls though messages are left. Our Dec cruise with them was ok only complaint was the entertainment.... as not up to par as the other cruises on the same ship previous in years. It is time for them to change or put on a new itinerary for their shows and have there dancers learn more than 6 dance steps ...... so if you know how one can get their membership card in an efficient and quick way shorter than my time span, pls let me know.

Thanks

Chris

I have cruised 3 times with MSC and 2007 to this past Xmas and still have not received my card but have a number which has an expiry date on the paper it is on. I have emailed them numerous times, called and nothing to date. I also have difficulty trying to find out the total amount of points i have. On our last MSC cruise met a TA who mentioned one can accumulate points to use toward a cruise.....is that true and where does one get that info. There USA site never responds to emails or phone calls though messages are left. Our Dec cruise with them was ok only complaint was the entertainment.... as not up to par as the other cruises on the same ship previous in years. It is time for them to change or put on a new itinerary for their shows and have there dancers learn more than 6 dance steps ...... so if you know how one can get their membership card in an efficient and quick way shorter than my time span, pls let me know.

Thanks

Chris

I did get through the USA office in Florida. Ask for the Person in charge of the card program. Lucy Schnorrbusch

Yes by accumulating points you can get a % discount on your next cruise (based on the level you are at)

..if all else fail email the president , Rick Sasso, I know he ALWAYS answers his email and makes sure things happen. I unfortunately cannot locate it now, hopefully someone online has it for you..good luck

We came from cruise last wednesday and received MSC Club cards this week. I think they were pretty fast.

Ours came fairly quick too and I forgot about them - it was my TA who asked of I was a member. When I was booking this year's cruise MSC gave a quote to the TA with and without membership.

And even with blue membership it was well worth having on the cost of the (already heavily dicounted) cruise.

The discounts are great with MSC Club membership but sometimes they can be slow in crediting your card with points earned. On my last MSC cruise in June on the Poesia, they correctly credited me with the 11 points for an 11 night cruise but I've had to wait until last week to get the 7 additional points for my on board expenditures (thanks to the persistence of my TA). I have the Gold card but still have a long way to go to get the coveted Black Card with its automatic 20% cruise discount.

We cruised on Splendida in April 2010 and still haven't received our cards! Have tried emailing them but to date no answer!

That was pretty much my experience when I tried to join too. Filled the form in on 2 cruises, then tried via the website. None of that worked. Finally when I was in the process of booking a third cruise with them, I got my TA to sort it out with them . From then on in, I've had no problems. they renew my card every year, upgrading the category as appropriate. The hardest bit seems to be getting a membership number. No idea why they make it so difficult to join. You'd think they would welcome repeat business!

• 2 weeks later...

:)Good Morning to all,I can help you, ktjay, as you are in Australia,

(think we may have been on the same ship last year,and great to

see you are also from Canberra,not too many Aussies travel all the way to the Med re the long haul flight-but we are off again in 10weeks to do it again.If you call MSC in Sydney 1300028502 or 82704191 and ask for Karla Santos (tell her Bev told you to call,she knows me well after all our cruising,also had great service,always been upgraded I have also chosen my cabin every cruise,also port side for the best view; never a problem).

She will make sure you get your cards. Actually when on board in the Med last year the staff at the information desk were amazed that we booked directly with MSC as they said "oh you must have booked with a TA".When we said, no, MSC Sydney,they were quite surprised.Anyway Happy Cruising hope this will help you Smooth Cruise.:D

Yeah, I got our cards, but still have not gotten the proper credit. We have been on three MSC Cruises. The first was before the Club, so no credit.

Our second was a 10 day. When I signed up, they were giving 7 points for just signing up. So I should have been at 17 points. Nope, all they show is 14 points. Then we took a 7 day, so an additional 7 points right? Nope, still shows 14 points, even after checking in on the ship, no points showed up. And we should have gotten an additional point because of the $200 spend promo.

I should have 7 plus 10 plus 7 plus 1. Total 25 points. Nope. Just 14.

We love MSC and want to go back but I want my points and the perks for 25 points!!!

Maybe time to email Sasso.

I agree with AmoMondo. The best way to resolve it is to put your TA to work. TA's have direct lines to MSC promoters who can do wonders. Don't forget you're supposed to get one point for every €200 spent on board so give your TA also your final voucher which will show all your expenditures.

I did get through the USA office in Florida. Ask for the Person in charge of the card program. Lucy Schnorrbusch

Yes by accumulating points you can get a % discount on your next cruise (based on the level you are at)

..if all else fail email the president , Rick Sasso, I know he ALWAYS answers his email and makes sure things happen. I unfortunately cannot locate it now, hopefully someone online has it for you..good luck

Thanks for the info. Once again I called Fll office (MSC Club) a rfecording came on, once again no human contact. Left another message, but will try the names you listed. Thanks will let you know if I was successful.Chris

• 1 month later...

Does anybody understand why it is so hard to join the MSC CLUB, been trying to get my partener joined. SO far all we got is a join on the main web page, but whne we try to join the club, always says log in error. Also there is no place for us to put or POSTAL CODE, we don't have zip codes here in Canada. We can pass this stage in the log in process. Does anybody have any ideas? PLEASE don't tell me customer service, ARE YOU KIDDING!!! Been there and done that!

I know it is painful to join or contact MSC club. I used this person last year and hopefully she is still there after my millions times try.

Christine

1-800-666-9333 x 1026

Email: cpacillo@msccruisesusa.com

You have to try and call her and email and fax her several times. I mean several times and catch her to answer her phone. (you can say she is very busy to a point that you are very frustrated to contact them). Once she talks to you, she sounded very nice. ???

Good luck.

BTW, she has to put you in a Canadian address with correct postal code manually, other wise they will mail you the card with the country is USA, you will never get your club card. It took several months for us and realized that it was in USA country and we never received at the beginning and they kept saying they have already mailed out.

Well well, will small wonders ever cease......after reading the most recent quotes here on CC, I took another chance and called the MSC Club before sending out an email to Rick Sasso. Lo and behold....a human, yes a live human answered at the club.....Sandra listen to my question said she would have membership card sent out but my other question re a past cruise with MSC had to be handled by Maria (Christina Pacillo is not there anymore). Maria was not in and left a message on voicemail.....crossed my fingers as she was away until tomorrow. Well, during dinner, around 6PM guess who called.....yes, Maria.... all is cleared up. My credits are in order and she promises to get out membership card end of this week.... now will they also send DH card as well?????lol Moral, never give up I have only been trying to contact them for 3 years but was nice to speak to a real person. :D

Yay!!! Finally got an answer from the MSC Club on missing credits. Had to email Sasso's Office. (Told him I loved the Customer Service on Board, but from MSC Club not so much)

After 2+ years and only expecting to get to 22 points, they have told me that I am actually at 32 points!!! and Silver. So that means just a 10 day cruise to get to Gold!!!

Am Happy.

Glad to hear you finally got it sorted...really should not be so difficult though. Seems the UK office is equally chaotic when it comes to this too.

That said, recently tried to join Costa's and it too was a trail. kept going around and around on the website, so emailed them for help and it took them over 2 months to reply - although they did sort it at that stage and give me the correct credit.

• 3 years later...