1030am Flight out Orlando

delta13

I was wondering if it would be possible to catch a 1030am flight out of Orlando after arriving into Port Canaveral on Disney Dream. We plan right now to rent a car so I know that will take some time. What is the earliest that I could possibly make it to MCO for those folks who have cruised out of Port Canaveral before as this will be my first time from this port. Thanks!

I was wondering if it would be possible to catch a 1030am flight out of Orlando after arriving into Port Canaveral on Disney Dream. We plan right now to rent a car so I know that will take some time. What is the earliest that I could possibly make it to MCO for those folks who have cruised out of Port Canaveral before as this will be my first time from this port. Thanks!

Let me get this right you want to get off the ship, get luggage, clear customs, rent a car, drive 45 miles to the airport, drop it off, and check in at least an hour before your flight so that would be 9:30 A.M. :eek:

You have to be joking right ?

Edited by Hstergo

Maybe and I mean maybe if you hire a driver or take a cab. Certainly no time to rent a car.... You need to get off and thru customs ASAP (and good luck with that) we where still being held hostage by immigration at 10:30am, never mind off the ship! Renting a car just is not gonna work, taxi or shuttle maybe.

with a hire car this is possible but not a sure thing; any delay along the way: delayed clearing the ship, traffic on 528, backup at TSA security, and wave bye bye.

What IS a sure thing is I'd be stressing about this connection my entire trip with the anxiety level peaking to a near bursting point the night b4 .. .

Yes, you can make that flight if you book private transportation instead of renting a car. Absolutely everything has to line up perfectly but you can do it if you can get off the ship in the earliest group and have a car waiting outside.

We had a flight changed to 11:15am by the airline and made it no problem but we were coming off a Royal Caribbean ship. We were off the ship, through customs and on the road by 7:45am. We got to the airport just after 8:30 and were through security just after 9:15am (lines were long).

It can be done but make sure you have a plan B just in case the ship is delayed.

Thanks for everyone's input. I would never try this with a confirmed flight. I fly stand-by so I can basically get on any flight that has space. I have never cruised out of Port Canaveral before. I have only cruised out of MIA and FLL which I understand are much closer to the airport. I know at MIA they also say you should not book anything before around noon or so and I have always been at the airport around 8:30 or 8:45 or so. I will plan on a later flight that day.