Transfer from Perth Hotel to Freemantle?

We are on RCI next March leaving from Perth/Fremantle. We will be staying a couple nights ahead of the cruise in Perth. Does anyone have recommendations on getting to the Fremantle cruise terminal from our Perth hotel? We would prefer not to have to move our luggage any long distance on our own. So that effectively rules out public transport. Thanks in advance.

We stayed at Miss Maud's, loved it.

We took a shared transport. I don't remember the name of the company. It was cheaper than a taxi. There is a train that goes there as well. The train goes withing 700 yards of the port and you can roll your luggage(I was told).

Just got back from an independent trip around the Perth/western Australia area.

A very different and interesting way to transfer from the CBD in Perth to Fremantle is to take the Captain Cook Ferry. You can take a taxi direct to the ferry. The ride is delightful and very comfortable. When you arrive in Fremantle there are plenty of taxis waiting to transport you. The cruise terminal is not terrribly far away.

I would you decide to do this, I would suggest buying tickets in advance. You can buy them online. It's very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from an independent trip around the Perth/western Australia area.

A very different and interesting way to transfer from the CBD in Perth to Fremantle is to take the Captain Cook Ferry. You can take a taxi direct to the ferry. The ride is delightful and very comfortable. When you arrive in Fremantle there are plenty of taxis waiting to transport you. The cruise terminal is not terrribly far away.

I would you decide to do this, I would suggest buying tickets in advance. You can buy them online. It's very easy.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll check it out.