Mexican Food!

timf264

Well, there's a Senor ?Frogs at the port, but IMHO, it's overpriced and NOT GOOD food, Mexican or otherwise.

Your best bet is to grab the $3pp tram and head to the malecon in Mahhaual.

See my signature on several places there. If you're there early int he morning, Hotel Caballo Blanco has fantastic chiiaquiles, great coffee and unusual, but good tamarind margaritas. Krazy Lobster, Tropicante, and Barefoot beach club have good food and service. Fernando's may or may not be open but if it is, just down form Tropicante, do stop in. I understand he has now opened a place a block off the beach called Chiquita's. If you find it you'll get good food. Won't be a fancy place though.

Fernando's may or may not be open but if it is, just down form Tropicante, do stop in. I understand he has now opened a place a block off the beach called Chiquita's. If you find it you'll get good food. Won't be a fancy place though.

I try to find Fernando every time I go to Costa Maya. First time I have heard of Chiquita's. Where did you hear about it? I hope it's open when we go in January.

I try to find Fernando every time I go to Costa Maya. First time I have heard of Chiquita's. Where did you hear about it? I hope it's open when we go in January.

Someone's travel blog, I think. Very recent. Couldn't find it on a quick search, might be on home computer.

I was in Costa Maya last January. Only ship in port and Fernando wasn't open at his new beach place. Sounds like this might be a small place they do in the daytime. If I were hunting for it, I'd head for his store and the old "original"100% Agave site on Huauchinango near the soccer field.

Hope you are dry from the flooding. That rain was supposed to have hit us last week but missed.

Edited by crewsweeper

I will check out his old site to see if that is what reopened. Last time I went to his liquor store to find out what time his restaurant would open his wife was not there and the employees spoke very little English and we could not communicate.

Our area is high and dry (well not under water) even though we had a foot of rain in the last few days and the yard is too wet to drive the lawn tractor on.

Edited by tallyho8

I will check out his old site to see if that is what reopened. Last time I went to his liquor store to find out what time his restaurant would open his wife was not there and the employees spoke very little English and we could not communicate.

Our area is high and dry (well not under water) even though we had a foot of rain in the last few days and the yard is too wet to drive the lawn tractor on.

His beach place is next to Ibiza Sunset and the small bogota next to Karita's(?) coffee shop on the corner.

Being to wet to mow is always a "good thing":D