2018 Schedules? Only up to March 2018 on their website for Mediterranean

nini

A friend clued me into Viking Ocean and it sounds lovely. I have downloaded the latest brochure from Viking Ocean and the only Mediterranean Odyssey cruise for 2018 is March 8. We would like to go in September or October 2018.

So, does anyone know when later cruises will be released? Just seems odd, because I booked our January 2018 cruise with Princess in July 2016.

Have cruised Princess, Celebrity, and HAL (will not do HAL again)

Thanks to all :cool:

A friend clued me into Viking Ocean and it sounds lovely. I have downloaded the latest brochure from Viking Ocean and the only Mediterranean Odyssey cruise for 2018 is March 8. We would like to go in September or October 2018.

So, does anyone know when later cruises will be released? Just seems odd, because I booked our January 2018 cruise with Princess in July 2016.

Have cruised Princess, Celebrity, and HAL (will not do HAL again)

Thanks to all :cool:

I have their Oceans Cruises Book and that tour is only being offered once next year. Other cruises are listed for booking far into 2018. As the line expands territory and ships they may have to spread themselves a little thin during the expansion until all ships are in service. They may also be looking at supply and demand to figure out what people are interested in. As of now, there are a few cruises in the Mediterranean that only have 1-4 sailings through 2018. Hopefully this will be adjusted as the fleet increases. I'm watching it as it is an itinerary I am interested in after my Homelands cruise on the Star last year.

Dauntless- Thank you so much for your response! This was very puzzling to me as I am used to being able to get available cruises from Princess, etc. far into the future, so to speak.

This makes sense as this line is growing and expanding. My friend so enjoyed the Mediterranean Odyssey itinerary and it looked perfect for us.

I will continue to monitor their offerings. We are fans of Princess and Celebrity but Viking Ocean appears to be a good fit for us.

Thank you! and Happy Sailings!

Dauntless- Thank you so much for your response! This was very puzzling to me as I am used to being able to get available cruises from Princess, etc. far into the future, so to speak..../quote]

for what it is worth, Princess and many other cruiselines tend to do the same set of ports over and over allowing them set up schedules in advance much easier.

Viking is not only new to Ocean cruising, but has been good at offering a wide range of ports, many of which are not the often repeated ones. Between setting them up, and hoping the public will fill the ship makes schedules much more difficult. Also, Princess, Carnival,NCL and the like make so much money on other items onboard, they can afford to offer cabins very cheap and therefore fill the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked the South American/ Caribbean's cruise in February 2018, the only other cruise with this itinerary is scheduled for November 2017. That's what nice is that they schedule unusual ports but you may only see those ports on a couple of cruises.

• 1 month later...

nini. I've just booked, from the UK, for the October 16'th 2018 sailing on Viking Sky. Viking Oceans would appear to have released the itinerary and are probably in the process of contacting those of you who have expressed an interest. Bon voyage!