Disney Dream to Liberty of the Seas

Hello all. We took our first cruise ever aboard the Disney Dream with 25 other family members. It was good. But too many bosses in the group made the trip itself one big headache. My husband and I decided we had to do another cruise just to recreate and make a better experience. Another family member decided to tag along and promised not to do anything like we experienced. Mainly didn't want to do his first cruise by himself and was glad to just meet us for dinner and excursions.

Long story short. Vacation time locked in. 95% of the cruise paid for. Less than 5 months to sail and our family member got sick and medical expenses long term he needed the money so no cruise for him. That cruise was for 5 days out of Florida.

We found Royal out of Texas (saves us airline tix for the 6 of us). We chose to cancel our Disney Cruise and book Liberty of the Seas for 7 days.

We are an easy going laid back family and are excited about the flex dinning. The one negative thing I didn't like about Disney. We are also easy to please.

WHY I AM POSTING:

Thanks for making it this far into my post. I felt I needed to give a background first before I start. Given my scenario, we think we did fine in our choice and are looking forward to something different. I have read about the soaps (we carry ours anyway), kids club issues (ours stay with us all the time), MDR (we got the flex) etc. But I still feel a little uneasy.

I hope we made the right choice? Such negative ramblings make me second guess our decision. Is there anything POSITIVE about this ship/fleet??????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just off Liberty on May 1st. As you can see in our signature we have been on several cruises. After our first Royal sailing, we never cruised another line.

On the Liberty sailing we experienced very good food and exceptional service. The ship was recently refurbished and was beautiful. We met so many nice people and look forward to sailing Liberty again in Nov.

You are going to save a boat load of money over a Disney ship. Yes, pun intended.

There is nothing wrong with the Liberty of the Seas; the 3 Freedom class ships are fine ships. Nevertheless, in my opinion, Royal Caribbean is not in the same class with Disney. Disney has better service (unless you are in a full suite, GS or better, on Royal Caribbean), better food in the main dining room, and far better entertainment in the main theater. However, you get what you pay for and, much of the time, a 7-night cruise on Royal costs less than a 4-night cruise on Disney. You also have to be careful comparing room categories since the categories on Royal Caribbean do not match the categories on Disney. For example, a Family Veranda Stateroom on the Dream is 256 sq ft excluding the veranda. That is about midway between the size of a Superior Balcony room on the Liberty (214 sq ft) and a Junior Suite on the Liberty (317 sq ft). However, a Deluxe Veranda room on the Dream is almost exactly the same size as a Deluxe Balcony room on the Liberty.

We cruise a lot and just took the Liberty, we have done most of the major lines ( but not Disney) and prefer RCCL mostly because of the entertainment, Liberty has a very good Broadway play "Saturday night fever" Ice show is amazing on all of the larger ships ( do not miss this) we really liked Derek Lewis in the Pub also many other shows, I also booked 2 more RCCL cruises while I was on board including Liberty again.

Hello all. We took our first cruise ever aboard the Disney Dream with 25 other family members. It was good. But too many bosses in the group made the trip itself one big headache. My husband and I decided we had to do another cruise just to recreate and make a better experience. Another family member decided to tag along and promised not to do anything like we experienced. Mainly didn't want to do his first cruise by himself and was glad to just meet us for dinner and excursions.

Long story short. Vacation time locked in. 95% of the cruise paid for. Less than 5 months to sail and our family member got sick and medical expenses long term he needed the money so no cruise for him. That cruise was for 5 days out of Florida.

We found Royal out of Texas (saves us airline tix for the 6 of us). We chose to cancel our Disney Cruise and book Liberty of the Seas for 7 days.

We are an easy going laid back family and are excited about the flex dinning. The one negative thing I didn't like about Disney. We are also easy to please.

WHY I AM POSTING:

Thanks for making it this far into my post. I felt I needed to give a background first before I start. Given my scenario, we think we did fine in our choice and are looking forward to something different. I have read about the soaps (we carry ours anyway), kids club issues (ours stay with us all the time), MDR (we got the flex) etc. But I still feel a little uneasy.

I hope we made the right choice? Such negative ramblings make me second guess our decision. Is there anything POSITIVE about this ship/fleet??????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Don't forget that these are just a few ramblings for a ship that holds 4300+ pax per week (pretty good odds). Rccl keeps filling these big boats up, people love Rccl even with a few short comings.

You're going to have a great time! :cool:

Edited by whitshel

Just some quick math

24 ships = 76,503 pax per week (assuming all were 1 week cruises)

occupancy = 105% (avg)= 80,000

So 80,000 plus or minus people sail Rccl every week! even just .5% is 400 people complaining. Again I think pretty good odds :)

(and remember most of those complaints are about the drink package prices--Haha :D:D:D:D)

But I still feel a little uneasy.

You are coming on to the RC forums and asking if there is anything positive about this ship and cruise line.

Do you really believe all these people here sail RC if it is so bad?

Where you really worried about soap?

What "negative ramblings" are you talking about that are making you uneasy?